'96 alarm playing up

• Thread starter imported_PaulA4
  • Start date
I

imported_PaulA4

Hey guys, just picked up a 1.8 T sport in silver which seems to be the 'right' colour going by you lot.

I'm having some grief with the standard alarm, it has not got remote locking so the alarm is armed when i lock it with the key. It's all fine for about an hour or so then the alarm will just go off, for no apparent reason, it'll go all night sometimes without going off then go off about 6am which is doing my head in.

If any of you know whats up please let me know, if not how can i disable the alarm?

Thanks in advance.

unplugging the alarm siren will stop the siren only if you unplug the control unit for the alarm it will also dissable the central locking! my answer is either use VACOM to find your fault or take it to your steler it sounds like a switch is malfunctioning. one way of checking for yourself is to check that when you open the car doors that the interior light comes on and goes off for each door including the boot if the light does not come on for the respective door then you will probably need a new lock as it incorperates the microswitch

I've checked out all the door microswitches and they seem ok mate, the bonnet one is a bit suspect but i think it's still making contact.

I thought it could be the tilt switch inside the bootlid, the boot lights work fine though.

I pulled the fuse for the interior lights and the alarm system out, no 14 according to the manual but the alarm still arms?!

What is the VAGCOM mate?

Nobody else have any clues on this problem? It's really ruining the car at the moment.

Tried it mate, disables the interior sensors fine but the alarm will still go off.

Do they have a tilt sensor on these alarms?

No all the interior lights function as they should, so i'm guessing the microswitches in the doors are ok.

The boot ok works alright to, with the tilt switch built into the boodlid seeming to work fine.

I'm stumped mate.

just took the bonnet switch out, it had been broken sideways so it can't have been doing its job, i've removed it so i'll see if the alrm still goes off.

Interior sensors don't seem to work either, great! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif