exhuast note

SubaruSTi

Reaction score
this question is directed mostly to only those with a b5 (why else would you be in this sub-forum though? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ) when you stomp on it, is the exhuast a smooth uproar.. or does it kinda click,click,click... cant really explain it, it sounds a little ricey, but not high pitched. My rear bumper got torn off a while ago denting the exhuast tip, so i bend it back pretty good with a pliers, but i have to wonder if maybe i have a leak somwhere... it doesn't seem like my car is quite as fast or as good sounding ever since the accident. If my exhuast is crapped up.. i might just buy a whole new system, i already would have it if lltek didn't charge 800 bucks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I think you might be right about the leak, I had a Honda accord and my exhaust pipe had a whole in it. The sound changed and so did the performance.

i have a 97 a4 and i've noticed the same sound. i have no idea what it could be. my friends said it could be a leak or an engine valve. let me know what you find. sorry im no help.