Potential A4 owner

• Thread starter imported_goalkeeper21
  • Start date
I

imported_goalkeeper21

Hey guys, my name is Tony. My dad just bought a 2004 A6 2.7T and I am currently looking at A4s. I don't have a lot of money to work with but since I was the person to encourage my dad on even looking at Audi's and now I love them I was wondering the pros and cons of having an A4. I'm thinking about getting one for 6 or 7 grand. That means that it will have a lot of miles on it and be probably like a 1996 or 97. I would only want a 5 speed, is that a good choice? The other car that I am looking at is a Porsche 944. That is a little cheaper and more sportier then the A4. I know both cars will not be cheap to repair and I feel I have a pretty good understanding about general things about a car. I worked in a shop for about a year and a half. I love cars. I would probably do the work myself too. This is my first car also. I'm sure so many people have already asked the same questions that I am asking but any comments are welcome. Thanks
Tony

I live in MA and usually the prices are more expensive up here. I've only looked online and in the want ad just a little. how that you say that I'm becoming more optimistic. Thanks
Tony

goalkeeper21...I believe excursion was referring to UK prices, rather than US prices.

lol, that does sound a little more realistic. It's tough looking for cars like this. Anyone come across one in my price range? and any flaws with these cars. I'll be driving from NJ and back because that is where I go to school. Thanks
Tony