Head unit replacement

Sir Chumpalot

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know that the standard double tape deck in my A5 is wider than aftermarket head units. Is there some sort of adapter I need so that it all fits nicely and doesn't look too out of place. Some sort of facia or something like that?

I'm having trouble sourcing a cd/mp3/ipod player that will blend in with the rest of the dash, I don't want anything that looks too out of place.

Cheers

Dave

Search on Ebay for Audi facia adapters dude...

I think that's the only facia plate no one seems to do. I know wellhouse0 on here did an excellent double DIN install on his B5 with a Pioneer HU but can't remember where he got the facia plate. Might be worth dropping him a PM.

I don't know if I can be bothered with going double-din. Seems like more hassle for the short amount of time I'm actually going to be listening to music.

Will give eBay a try.

Are the 2-piece Autoleads adapters any good? Anyone here with any experience of them?

They're pretty standard things afaik.

Ours has a normal din stereo and the little inserts either side. Does the job just fine.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just wondering how well they will match the rest of the interior trim. I realise it's not going to be exact but I'd like to get it as close as possible.