Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    imported_cheng41328

Audi a4 potential

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I just have a few questions about the audi a4. I'm thinking of getting a 1.8t quattro a4 soon and I was wondering what year has the most potential for mods? Also, I am planning to spend around 10k for the car, and future mods totalling probably around 8k. I was just wondering if it would be better to just get an s4. Basically, I'm wondering if the 1.8t is a better(well, relative to the price) platform for mods. One thing I'm wondering is basically how much would I have to put in the a4 to get it to perform the same as an s4. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post, or if this topic has been discussed before. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: Audi a4 potential

I would definitely go for the S4. Engine wise you are comparing a 1.8 Turbo with a 2.7 Twin Turbo, both can be modified a lot but you are starting off with a lot more power with the S4. Also the S4 already has subtle styling differences over the 1.8T (bumpers, grill, wheels etc.) and it is a rarer car. IMO

1st Gear

Status

I definately agree. The only negative factor re the S4 is running costs - Insurance, MPG and Servicing will all be a fair bit more than the A4.

It boils down to budget and real requirements - take the time to drive both and don't jump too fast.

Finally have a good look through this forum. There are tons of posts on the subjects of tuning both cars and the various merits of each.

Enjoy.....both are great cars.

Grumpy Old Man

Status

If you do fancy an S4, suggest you don't go after this one, though, LOL!

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads...o=&fpart=1