new to A4

Droptop

Reaction score
alright people :beerchug:

just got my first audi (been ford all the way till now) its a 1.8se N plate in silver with black A8 wheels, lowered 40mm , black front grille ?rs? .

first off should i have remote central locking? only got one key with it which has a light (obviously not working) but i dont know if thats the spare?

next , its got an idle problem :banghead: it starts fine but 99% of the time its hunting at idle. havent stripped any of the intake yet but my first thoughts were ICV faulty , any common faults on these engines that would cause the problem? car has done 166k but has FSH and drives nicely otherwise.

any help appreciated :)

but surely that would affect the drive aswell? its just the idle . if you bring the revs down slowly its not as bad , just hunts a little but if you rev and back off it falls to about 450 then bounces back up to 1200 then down to 600 and up to 1000 ....etc till it settles at 900 (then usually hunts a bit).
looking through the SH it had a maf about 50k ago

aahhh vacuum is a good point !
going to strip everything off and give it a check/clean when we get some sun lol . was looking at the cables and software on ebay but a bit unsure as to which would work on the car

found one diagnostic cable on the bay that sounded right so messaged the seller explaining what car/year and spec it was for and he just replied with ... What brand of your car ?
Does it support KKL Agreement ?

lol ... you tell me! youre the one selling the things