Bespoke TIP.

Lee Goodall

Reaction score
Anybody had one made before or recommend a supplier?

Any information will be useful.

Cheers.

This seems to be the only thing that I can not confirm for the T28 conversion.

I was thinking uprated TT 225 TIP as it would fit the MAF housing and have all of the connection points.. N75, DV, PCV (if I use it) etc.. What about the turbo connection?.. The inside diameter would be far too small.

..all if this would be reliant on the TT 225 TIP actually fitting in an acceptable position for my engine bay anyway!?!!

:sos:

you keeping the airbox?
I am deleting all teh secondary ****** and having a straight section turbo, pipe, maf, pipe, filter (boxed), Apart from straight T peices into it from the recirc and catch can. doing those myself

No, I'm fairly certain the OEM air box wont fit with the T28s positioning so I was going to go aftermarket with heat shield (if required).

What about boost control? You relocating the DV?

I was planning on keeping the DV on the exhaust side (of the engine) just for packaging.
Boost control: I am going with a manual boost controller (only because I can't afford the EBC I want after the expense of new mounts front to back!)

Sounds good.

Jabba want me to keep the N75 so ideally it needs to be refitted to the intake. I can't find a way of fixing it into a straight silicone pipe securely.. hence the reason for considering the TT 225 TIP.

The breather and DV will fit to a T piece (as stated previously) so they're not a problem.

as its not under pressure can you not just mount a screw in barb to whatever pipe you use for the TIP downstream of the MAF

Last edited:
I was thinking about something along the same lines but didn't want to weaken the TIP (risk it collapsing) You think it'd be ok?

tyring to find a pic but you can buy brase barb fitting there you drill a hole, insert backing plate on the inside and screw the barb fitting into the backing plate. sealed and secure, shouldn't be a problem.
I am going for as free a flowing TIP as I can get so there should be no risk of collapse.

collapsing TIPs shows there is a restriction to the amount the turbo flows. (poor OEM design)

Yeah a 'brase barb' sounds like the answer.. I'd imagine any weakness (if any) caused by drilling a hole would be strengthened by the back plate anyway.

I'll be going for some good quality silicone so unless I really mess up the configuration it should be fine.

Cheers mate.

The other option would be to get a metal elbow or streight piece, and tap/weld your fittings into this, then join it between the turbo and AFM.

Not as much work as having to fabricate the entire TIP from metal, but gives you somewhere solid to tap into, rather than some silicone hose.

The other option would be to get a metal elbow or streight piece, and tap/weld your fittings into this, then join it between the turbo and AFM.

Not as much work as having to fabricate the entire TIP from metal, but gives you somewhere solid to tap into, rather than some silicone hose.

Good thinking.. got a couple of options now so I'll start getting the components together.