Is my Clutch on the way out?

redevo1

Reaction score
Daft question probably but the clutch bit is very high on my 110TDI? Right at the top off the pedal high, the clutch isn't slipping though? :faint:

yep, that is how it starts. mileage?

170k so nice and high, better start thinking about buying a clutch kit next payday.:yum:

Ours has been like that since we baught the car 30k miles ago, your knees up past your ear before it actually bites :p

However, I'm not going to change it unless it actually fails, or starts to slip. The DMF will undoubtedly need done too, and thats £££, with the other option being a single mass unit which is less money but still expensive.

Not to mention the fact that changing it is a bit of a ******!

Saying all that, i dont actually know if the TDi has a DMF, so it might be less expensive in your case.

My clutch has always had a a high bite, that was 171k... currently 248k!!!!! No slipage etc... I'd wait until it starts slipping. Whats DMF?... dual mass flywheel?

Theres a few sinlge mass conversions now for the DMF I've just put a single mass on the GTI 1.8t it's cheaper and lighter and it's been on a few months with no probs. :redrs4:

Ye they do exist, Flywheel is usually around £250ish though.

Your TDi might already have a solid flywheel though.