max offset?

easytease

cheesypeas
Reaction score
Website
www.bobbycock.com
Hi, im looking at some A3 8P (2003) alloys as an alternative to the current 16's i have. I know they're still 16x7" so thats not an issue. The offset is 50, will these fit? car is standard height (SE model) and will be running the normal 205/55 rubber.

Thanks

ET 50 is too high and they gonna foul te front and rear suspenssion. You will need spacers or buy the right offset...Stick to ET 35 or ET45 and they will fit without trouble given that the tyres are the right size..

Or if the wheels are cheap enough , you could get some spacers to set the offset closer what you want. Your OE wheels will be et 42, so a 10mm spacer will be somewhere in the middle

OE rims are ET45, but a 10mm hubcentric spacer should be fine.

A lot of people run ET38 or ET35 and usually on 8" rims rather than 7's so ET40 (ET50 + 10mm spacer) will be fine.

I run ET45 with 10mm hubcentric spacers on the rears... hope that helps.

in that case, any suggestions for where to get longer bolts to compensate for the 10mm spacers, and will the rims/tyres still be legal, in terms of being within the arches?

in that case, any suggestions for where to get longer bolts to compensate for the 10mm spacers, and will the rims/tyres still be legal, in terms of being within the arches?

Most places will provide the longer wheel bolts you need when you buy the spacers. I know DPM performance do as I've just purchased some from there.

As far as I'm aware, as long as the tyres don't protrude from the arch in any way then you'll be fine. You're only talking 10mm anyway so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Dave