Ditchfinders

audinary

Complete And Utter Member
Reaction score
The recent snap of damp (!) weather has highlighted the shittitude of my rear tyres, which are made by soimeone called Triangle.

They were on the wheels when I got them, good tread depth, good condition. It is now that I discover that they are made from some sort of Granite or Flint, and in any sort of grease give my car some hilarious tail-out, shopping-trolley handling characteristics.

So, if you want to teach yourself how to deal with lift-off-oversteer at any speed in excess of 20mph, get some of these babies.

^^^ True.

It's a common misconception, the best / newest tyres should go on the front, which is wrong.

It's the rear end that steps out when grip is lost, and could take you by surprise too.

I'll swap them round when the long-awaited refurbs happen, 'til then thank christ for wipe-clean seats

swap em round? get rid of them more like!

If your taking the tyres off anyway to refurb them, then slip on a nice pair of Eagle F1's ;)

I recommend Khumo ecsta sports!!!!! Had em on for ****** ages! You may also want to get your geometery checked...

I.... You may also want to get your geometery checked...

I dunno, It was always one of my best subjects.

I love the idea of Eagles (had 'em before on prev. cars and loved them). Kumhos sound interesting, though....

I have literally zero pounds at the moment, so I will have to slide around and be careful for a little while longer. Currently the situation isn't dangerous if I drive at five-tenths. But what's the point of the finest Ingolstadt engineering if that's what you're gonna do with it?

Yup, I know. It's like havin a bottle of whiskey for display purposes only! Check out camskill online when you have the cash.... my 205/55/16's Khumo ecsta sport were £55 each.

If you want some good quality budget tyres, i'd go for Federal SS-535's or if you can stand the increased noise when part-worn, the SS-595.. good wet and dry grip and quite progressive.

i paid about 60quid a corner fitted for the Eagle F1's in 205/55r16, which seems pretty damn reasonable to me.

The ECSTA's were dirt cheap, but i've noticed them closing the gap between eagles in the recent months, and i've noticed that craigs S4 (Kumhos on the rear and contis on the front) exhibits a LOT more road noise than our car on eagles all round.

Yup, road noise off the Khumos but with the decent wear and good grip it's something I can deal with. I've got three Khumos and one something else, (came with one of Geemans alloys) and am not expecting to change my rubber for quite a while now. Interesting about the Eagle F1's, will look into that.

Well, the road noise from the Triangles with the tungsten and diamond compound is like a Tornado on full reheat. Anything will be an improvement.

Will check out camskill when I'm in front of a non coal-fired PC