gutted my CAT

jcb

Reaction score
well since I couldn't sell it and didn't really know what the insides were like I set about first with a long spade drill and then just bashed it out with a spike.
took less than 10 minutes. very surprised.

stuck it on ebay as someone with a chip might want a stock look without the hassle and expense of a decat pipe.

is the contents of any value? pretty sure it is platinum oxide isn't it?
IMAGE_155.jpg

IMAGE_256.jpg

Looks familiar...

When we got our car i'd noticed a smell of petrol, and one day when passing a council emissions testing station we decided to pull in and get it tested. It failed, producing 0.5% CO.

I initially assumed the CAT had just died, ordered a replacement, and set about changing it, under the assumption that i'd get 30-40quid scrap value for the old unit. Wasnt until i had removed it and looked inside, did i see exactly what you've got above.

The state of the bolts suggested it had been on there a LONG time like that too!

I was going to flog it, but i've never bothered listing it.

£10?
Paypal are robbing ******** and owe me £400. but its a longer story than that, it just makes me angry when I tell it!

^^^ The holding your funds for 21 days, to ensure transactions go "smoothly" nonsense?

and the " something goes wrong so we will take the money off you when the goods have been shipped and signed for and then make you wait three months asking for inscresingly more obscure things like the receipt for postage 3 months after it was tracked and traced on line and then deciding to drop the case leaving me with no funds and no £400 mobile!"

fecking thieves

Surely the theives/fraudsters are the buyers who put the claim in against you?

Sure i dont particularly find paypal amazing, but it gets the job done, and as a buyer i've managed to get my money back from genuinely bad sales, and never been shafted as a seller.

Exactly the same thing happens with Streamline or any other real card transaction system. We've had customers use our services for months without any issue with us charging their debit cards, get in a hump about something and call the bank saying "I've never authorised these people to take money from my card". Streamline then immediately freeze the disputed amount (usually every penny we've taken from taht card, which can amount to thousands) and send us a letter asking us to prove we were entitled to take the money.

Caused us big problems (and big losses) becuase we're selling a service, not physical items, so theres no way to show items being shipped out. We've since amended our contracts to include the card mandate which people have to sign before service commences, but its still a hassle, and theres always the risk that streamline could dispute the authorisation given on the contract, and theres ****** all we can do about it.

I actually find it quite annoying when people use ebay, and say no paypal, given that accepting paypal is a requirement of using ebay. They are the same company, so you cant really sit there dissing paypal, then happily give your money to ebay.

does any1 no were i can get a decat for an a3 1.8 non turbo i cant find one anywere !

Dont think anyone on this part of the forum will be much help.

just get an old CAT and gut it....they are apprently worthless ...

I got a fiver for one last week. Not so long ago the same scrap yard was giving 30 quid.

Sure has gone down hill.

Tis that!
Scrap was at 220 per tonne at one point last year. We scrapped an old Vauxhall Frontera and got 360 English pounds for it. I think China have enough now though.