Street sleeper..

Lee Goodall

Reaction score
I think I'm going to try and style my car as close to OEM spec as possible which would mean chrome effect 4 ring bonnet grill to go back on and modifying a standard front bumper (with grills in place) to fit over the FMIC.

Excluding the 18" wheels, lowering and exhaust the exterior will look OEM but should hopefully soon be packing around 300HP.

Opinions?

What trim would you use from the A8?

Yeah a blow over the FMIC and lower part of the pipes with satin black would be good :thumbsup:

Exhaust would be a bit of a pain I think but not impossible.

Its all about the subtle mods.

Get the lights joey modded, and get the grille and rings powder coated metallic grey rather than chrome. To most people it looks standard, but the overall look of the car is subtly changed for the better.

I'd go with a facelift bumper too for some cleaner lines up front.

I'd swap the rims for some A8 "Fat Fives", so it looks stock too.

Mark: Street sleeper? Its got 18" BBS and an S4 kit and a rather loud exhaust! :p

Ours is a sleeper, its just not got any power either ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of OEM lights, bumper and grill for the year of the car although I can see where you're coming from as the little details do definitely sharpen up the appearance.

If you put it completely back to stock it would just look old?

Facelift grill and lights really freshens it up, while still looking OE. The powdercoat/paint etc i was suggesting just turns it from "fresh OE" to "cool" ;)
Bumper is similar, although less noticable i guess.

Facelift the front end, and stick the T28 on. That way you have the cleaner bumper with fogs , one piece lights etc. Would look the nuts.

Aragorn,I knew that mate, sarcasm dont work on the interweb,lol

If you put it completely back to stock it would just look old?

That's kind of what aim aiming for though..
A 1996 A4 Sport OEM look but with twice the power.

Kind of like a MK1/MK2 Golf GTI.. always look much better OEM but needs more oomph.

I've always thought the earlier front bumper looks cleaner?.. No fogs or washers etc and smooth all round.

Lee, that's a ****** good idea. It's what I'm aiming for with mine. Just need to complete the package with some suspension, some brakes, and oh, some power. Not long now....

These are the wheels I was talking about 18" A8 Sport they look like the Audi Sport Quattro rims but 18" stealthy but not at the same time almost like a undercover Audi + look which only a Audi man would know:eyebrows:.

DSC_3769.jpg

Docurley, Only just realised you wrote 'rims' not 'trim' in your earlier post.

Agreed on the wheels. They look very smart on the A4 and still subtle enough to keep the street sleeper look.

Lee, that's a ****** good idea. It's what I'm aiming for with mine. Just need to complete the package with some suspension, some brakes, and oh, some power. Not long now....

Ha ha chop chop.. aim for GTI Inters next year. Should give you time :thumbsup:

IMO the car isnt old enough to pull off the MK1/MK2 golf style retro look.

It just ends up looking dated rather than retro cool.

I really like those A8 rims, and ye, they'd go down perfectly with the OEM+ look.

I'm sure there are facelift bumpers without the headlamp washers if you didnt want those. Ok it has a swage line, but the single grille rather than the three smaller grilles looks cleaner.

Facelift headlamps just make it look less 1995 and more 2001.

I'll have a look at the bumpers side by side to see which I prefer.. going to need some tweakery to get the grill/grills to stay in properly with the FMIC either way.

Not sure about the lights.. def make it look newer but that's not really what I'm after.

..with me at the wheel it can't help but look cool :undwech: not so retro though lol