Anyone out there got Laurel Green?

A

AndyCollins

This post is really just to settle my curiousity. I've had my Laurel Green a4 1.8T Sport for a few months now and have been keeping my eyes open for other A4s in the same colour. So far I have only seen one and wondered if anyone else on this forum has one? Is it really that rare?

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

At my mechanics, one of spanners used to have one in laurel green. He ended up getting bored of the colour and did some two tone job on it that i must admit looks really good. Its a racing green/black thing going on, it really does look nice. You can see the original laurel green colour on the bonnet when he lifts it up but this doesnt bother him.

[ QUOTE ]
s4sh said:
At my mechanics, one of spanners used to have one in laurel green. He ended up getting bored of the colour and did some two tone job on it that i must admit looks really good. Its a racing green/black thing going on, it really does look nice. You can see the original laurel green colour on the bonnet when he lifts it up but this doesnt bother him.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds hideous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Laurel Green is very rare. I always walk pass a 2.4 that's always parked onsite at work. It has 16" competition rims (standard suspensions). The aluminium trim shows up very nicely along the sides. Very nice!

[ QUOTE ]
jdp1962 said:
That sounds hideous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It does look good in the flesh. It depends on whether you like racing green or not, i really like it.

Finally got the digital camera working at the weekend, and had given her a clean so thought I'd post a pic. Sorry about the quality, Nokia camera phone!

i'm thinking 18" RS replicas would finish it off. Unfortunately spare cash is going on taking the bird on holiday! Women!! Maybe in a few months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

excursion, the motor's sold I see. does that mean you're one step closer to the new ride? decided what its gonna be yet?

I did decide in the end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I've got a few choice goodies waiting to be fitted to a biturbo S4 (when I find one). Trying to find a late, well specced car with low miles is like looking for a needle in a haystack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

very nice indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif good luck with the search /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

What kind of bhp do you think you'll be chucking out when you've finished tinkering?

Nice car, Bloke654. I'm still non convinced by the two-tone idea, but yours looks drop-dead gorgeous.

Just downloaded a (crap) pic of my t-sport with shiny new RS6 replicas, courtesy of South West Tyres of Clevedon. Looking at getting suspension lowered v. soon (will post separately for advice!) Just gotta make sure the mrs doesnt see my credit card bill next month!!! I think Laurel is a cool colour...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jeff, thanks very much, I'm really glad I bought this car, and to think I very nearly bought a Seat Leon Cupra. Alright, it may have been damn quick, but nowhere near as classy as the A4.

Larcx, nice wheels! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif How much did they set you back if you don't mind me asking? How would you rate SWT? A friend of mine got some wheels for his golf there a few years back and they seemed pretty good.

Bloke654 - I paid £799 for tyre/wheel package but went for better quality tyres (Cooper Zeons) which I am pleased with. SWT provided a good service and they seem competitive compared to companies like Rochford Tyres. Just need to get suspension lowered a bit now........!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif