AP coilovers

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
i should be ordering my AP's next week just in time for audi in the park but i was wondering if they are just a straight swap onto my S4 or will i be needing anything for them i.e different top mounts

should i expect any problems when fitting them or is it a relativly straight forward job

i dont want to put on the coilys few days before audi in the park then find out i got problems

cheers

You'll use the original front top mounts, when taking off the front shocks don't be fooled into undoing the 3 exposed top mount bolts, this drops more than you need off the car, there are 2 bolts hidden under painted in grommets in the same area, undo 2 either side to drop just the shock down. Then you gotta undo the bolt at the bottom of the shock and then figure out how to squeeze the shock out, we found spring compressors helped, and also some big mole grips on the lower arm so you can twist it to help get the shock out. Swap the top mounts, you'll need a deep socket or a swan neck spanner, and an allen key through it to stop the damper from twisting when you try and undo the top mount. The rear is pretty straight forward, undo the lower strut bolt on the bottom arm, then the 4 bolts that hold the shock mount to the inner arch, then finally the bolt at the outer end of the a-arm that bolts it too the mainhub upright. The whole shock/box section assembly should then slide out from the car enabling you to swap the coilover in, then back on the car. The fitting is the easy bit, setting your ride height is the knuckle scraping boring frustrating time consuming part! Which'll need checking and all redoing a week or 2 later after it's all settled! Good luck mate!