1.8T Engine mounts... where from?

Geeman

Low Life
Reaction score
I need some new engine mounts for the Sport.

I'm not paying Audi main dealer prices at near enough £80 a pop!

Does anyone have any contacts for these, or know where I can get some from please?

Cheers,

Giles

Tried there... they only seem to list the RHS for the 1.8T engine...

unless you know the part numbers I need!

email Issam at INA, they had a group buy on uprated 034 mounts just recently. $350 ish.
not a huge saving but you get what you pay for

$350...? Erm, thanks, but I was looking at something more like £35 a side. :noway:

I Picked up some cheap ones off ebay but i dont think they're all that great.

Engine still moves around a lot with 4 new mounts and a poly snub.

I'd say if your going to change it then either RS4 mounts, or the 034 ones are the only sensible option. Otherwise just save your money and leave the old ones in.

If you havent already fitted a poly snub, then fit one, as that helped the most out of all the mounts i changed. Mine was about 20-30 quid from Awesome GTI

Thanks chaps.

Thought there were only 2 engine mounts... LHS & RHS plus a single gearbox mount...?

I've GOT to change the engine mounts as it's creaking and groaning when setting off, and you can see the engine moving around quite severely. My technician told me they were an urgent matter!

Just ordered snub mount from Awesome... £39 inc.

Last edited:
I'll be doing mine soonish.. upgrading the snub mount too though.

(The snub mount bit in Geeman's post above was edited in after I wrote this.. I'm not mental).

Last edited:
There are two gearbox mounts, and two engine mounts plus the snub.

On FWD 1.8T's one of the gearbox mounts is a doughnut thing, and the other is a D shaped thing that stands up on top of the subframe.

On V6's and Quattros both mounts are doughnut shaped.

Managed to blag trade prices through my mates garage for the two engine mounts, but GSF only have one gearbox mount... we'll see which one it is when it turns up tomorrow.

Hopefully on Monday, they'll all be swapped out and I'll have a non-creaking/groaning car!

been messing around with liquid polyurethane on my kingfisher 1.8t
had serious movement issues when i got it, had some spare mounts off the 1.8 i was breaking so filled all the gaps on the gearbox mounts and completly filled the gap around the snub mount, took me a while as i had to fill them gradually and let it set then left them for a few days to fully harden

the stuff i used is for bonding glass to cars and panels on caravans, but its just polyurethane in a tube and it sticks to metal and clean rubber as it hardens

once fitted the exhaust stopped rattling, gearchange seems better and i can spin the front wheels without them hopping and it doesnt sound like the engines about to fall out any more

good result for a tenner

Hmmm... sounds like a plan.

Wanna make some up for me? lol

I've done it in the past with sikaflex or tigerseal. Both similar compounds and they work well to tighten up stock mounts.

Not sure how it would work on the Engine mounts though, and the snub would probably need done with the engine in place, and then make it a bit difficult to get the snub out again?

Yeah... it's only the gearbox mounts you could do that with as the engine mounts are hydraulic... aren't they?

used the spare front mount as a mould and cut it out when it set so it fits perfectly, did it around the rubber snub not instead of it
did the quattro one first and i just greased inside the rubber so in theory it should come out? if not its only 3 bolts holding it to engine

got the idea from this
http://www.phonecallsfromthedead.net/thesleeper/audimain/A4_2.html