V6 exhaust options

Sir Chumpalot

Reaction score
Evening all,

The backbox on my '98 A4 B5 (and no doubt my entire exhaust system) are looking rather nasty and dated.

What options do I have with regards to upgrading my exhaust? I'm not that familiar with any of the makes and would obviously prefer something that will last me a long time. What makes do I avoid like the plague?

Thanks in advance

Dave

where abouts are you?, i had a full custom system made including high flow cats by mij performance in walsall (west midlands)

I've got a Milltek on my 2.8Q which was the same price as an OEM replacement, about £500 fitted with a lifetime guarantee. Sounds lovely without being obtrusive.

can't recommend miltek enough.
awesome quality

Thanks for the replies. I'm based in East Sussex.

I think a full system is in order, I think replacing just the backbox would be pointless. I'll take a look at Miltek.

Thanks again.

Dave

where abouts are you?, i had a full custom system made including high flow cats by mij performance in walsall (west midlands)
how much did this cost? looked on the site and it said FROM £299

My full system, from cats-back is going to cost me £400. This is with twin ovals either side, B7 RS4-style.

I'm supplying a pair of sport catalysts - 200 cpi per side.
If you're replacing the rest of the system, I'd get both catalysts / down pipes changed. The OEM flexi sections are pretty fragile, even when new, and vulnerable to cracking.

I've been under the car and the whole system (apart from the backbox) looks very new as though it's been replaced recently.

£400 for a full system is pretty good, though a little more than what I want to spend at the moment unfortunately. Though you have twins so probably a little dearer than usual.

I've heard Miltek are quite good?