Query!!

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
had two new tyres put on saturday and now when im braking at low speeds(10-20mph) i can feel a jerk in the brakes, nothing major and the only way i can describe it is if you have a bicycle and spin the wheel sometimes the rim rubs against the brakes and thats wot it feels like. brakes were ok...well **** but no rubbing sensation, has anyone got any ideas wot mite cause this rubbing of the brake feeling?

I take it you have checked the wheel nuts mate. Had a similar thing on my B5 and the garage had torqued them but the wheel couldn't have been sat right and I found all the nuts hand tight by the time I got home.

dont think its an ABS sensor as ive had trouble with them on my last B5 an it nothin like that this time, its only a slight rubbing sort of feeling thats not coming through the pedal as such, summin i could live with its just im a ****** when i feel summin new in a car an always expect summing is wrong

martin i aint checked the wheel nuts mate as the car has not moved since the tyres have been on, will do it tomorro jus to be sure though.

oh and by the way lads are maxxis tyres any good?

hmmm. If it's definately rubbing and not vibration i'm not sure what to suggest. What are the sypmtoms at higher speeds? Are there any symptoms at higher speeds? Not sure about Maxxis tyres... tell you what have been great though. Excellent wear, even on the quattro... Khumo Ecsta sport, e amount of power as you guys but I swear I'm up to 30k on them, (rear). A bit hard, noticable in the wet, improving with age!

feel normal at higher speeds, all wheels nuts tight so nothin to do with the wheels. i can live with the sensation so dont think there anything to worry about. cheers