confusion over S4 sidelight bulbs??

aidank1981

Reaction score
Hello all,
just had the common issue of thinking my sidelight bubs were too yellow, researched it on here ad went for PIAA super LED bulbs.... great i thought... they arrived i took the pipe off, removed the rear panal etc etc and there NOT WEDGES...
i've been all through the forum and all the advice i can find to other's is that 'sidelights are of the wedge type'
mine are these

IMG_2103.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/eatdegrub/IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

do i need to specify this fitment when buying PIAA bulbs?
all details on bulb is

64132L OSRAM 12V 6W H6 WU E1 2EV

pretty confused so help would be good! will buy normal bulbs to cover me but would like the right bright white ones?

thanks Aidan :think:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would deffo specify, as all of the PIAA ones i have had were wedges. I can only assume yours are like that as they are S4 Xenons maybe? Or maybe someone has changed the bulb holders?

PIAA are deffo the way to go, mine have been faultless for 4 years and i have been through many cheapo ones in the MRs car until i bought PIAA ones for it too, ben fine since and nice white light

what do i specify though? are they H6's?, thanks for the reply.
lights are face lift xenons but certainly thought (assumed they'd be wedges) already bought the wedge bulbs but will need to buy different ones.
can anyone confirm the type of there facelift xenon s4 sidelight bulb?

Only pre-facelift S4's had the wedge type, facelift used the offset bayonette (as you now know!).

I think they are H6W.