Different wheels, info needed???

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
Im looking at fitting a set of wheels, so far only found them in et30. Been told they will fit with some arch work, but how much is needed? Are we talking simple rolling or would they need flared also??? They will be 18" diameter and 8.5" wide, in a way i'd now like the lower offset as it will give the wheels the deeper look i want, but know it really should be et35 at lowest, just wanna know if the amount of work involved would be woth it? Cheers guys.:)

I'd stick to ET35.

ET30, at 8.5"x18" will rub, if the car's lowered, and make occassional arch contact even at standard ride height, if the car's driven spiritedly in the twisties.

Tyres will also likely make arch contact if 2 adults are in the back seat.

I'd stick to ET35.

ET30, at 8.5"x18" will rub, if the car's lowered, and make occassional arch contact even at standard ride height, if the car's driven spiritedly in the twisties.

Tyres will also likely make arch contact if 2 adults are in the back seat.

Cheers Siena. Would this still be the case with arch work done aswell???

There isn't really much of an arch lip on the front of a B5, and definitely none at the rear. So, you're looking at having the arches pulled, is it worth the hassle?

All you'll do is invite rust, for very little gain.

I am running ET24 8.5x18 on 245/40 profile tyres (yes I know they are wrong!)

had the arches rolled (lip removed back and front (post on here somewhere).
They do stick out a little as I never got the arches pulled to the extent I wanted.
Fronts don't rub at all even over speedbumps, rears will only rub if fully loaded at rear and going over speed bumps. on coilovers with about 3/4" between tyre road surface at top and inner edge of arch.

I am pretty confident if the rears were 235 they would not rub at all. just never got round to it.

It is hassle, I fitted my wheels only to get them over my brakes. otherwsie I think you get much better handling characteristics from 8" front wheels.