Badger5Volks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Which A4 should I buy?

Hello

I'm new to Audis, having owned a couple of Golf GTIs and currently a VW Corrado 2.0 16v. I am looking to buy a new car, which is more refined , but hopefully a little quicker than my Corrado. I have been looking at A4 2.8 Quattros and drove a tired example today. My budget is 3000 - 5000, what should I buy? I am more inclined to get a V6 than a 1.8T although am welcome to arguements for the turbo. Which V6 is best and or quickest, I see there are various engine sizes, I'm happy to have 2 or 4 wheel drive assuming there are no problems with the quattro system.

Cheers Phil

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_Yaseen

Re: Which A4 should I buy?

Hi Phil,

This is off the top of my head from memory of previous posts ive read, so dont quote me on it-If your planning on engine mods then 1.8T is the one, if your not then the V6`s will do fine.

Search previous posts on here and on www.audiworld.com and you should learn lots on the subject.

Or buy a corrado Vr6 mmmmmmm [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

don't go tip, unless you want to go boring or you drive in stop and go traffic. I say Manual all the way. Tip(tiptronic) is sport version of automatic, but still AUTOMATIC

Grumpy Old Man

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Audi_A4_Quattro said:
    don't go tip, unless you want to go boring or you drive in stop and go traffic. I say Manual all the way. Tip(tiptronic) is sport version of automatic, but still AUTOMATIC

[/ QUOTE ]
    Explain why automatic is boring?

Grumpy Old Man

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Audi_A4_Quattro said:

[/ QUOTE ]
    It might help if I clarify that Tiptronic is NOT a "sport version of automatic, but still AUTOMATIC." Tiptronic, as fitted to the B5 generation A4s, is a hybrid between a fully automatic 5-speed box and a 5-speed sequential manual with no clutch pedal. In Tiptronic mode, it provide full manual control, and seamless flick-switch changes that are faster and smoother than your average (VERY average, in some cases) human can achieve by stamping on a pedal & shifting a manual gearchange.