Which A4 should I buy?

Chapers

Reaction score
Hello

I'm new to Audis, having owned a couple of Golf GTIs and currently a VW Corrado 2.0 16v. I am looking to buy a new car, which is more refined , but hopefully a little quicker than my Corrado. I have been looking at A4 2.8 Quattros and drove a tired example today. My budget is £3000 - £5000, what should I buy? I am more inclined to get a V6 than a 1.8T although am welcome to arguements for the turbo. Which V6 is best and or quickest, I see there are various engine sizes, I'm happy to have 2 or 4 wheel drive assuming there are no problems with the quattro system.

Cheers Phil

Hi Phil,

This is off the top of my head from memory of previous posts ive read, so dont quote me on it-If your planning on engine mods then 1.8T is the one, if your not then the V6`s will do fine.

Search previous posts on here and on www.audiworld.com and you should learn lots on the subject.

Or buy a corrado Vr6 mmmmmmm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

don't go tip, unless you want to go boring or you drive in stop and go traffic. I say Manual all the way. Tip(tiptronic) is sport version of automatic, but still AUTOMATIC

[ QUOTE ]
Audi_A4_Quattro said:
don't go tip, unless you want to go boring or you drive in stop and go traffic. I say Manual all the way. Tip(tiptronic) is sport version of automatic, but still AUTOMATIC

[/ QUOTE ]
Explain why automatic is boring?

[ QUOTE ]
Audi_A4_Quattro said:

[/ QUOTE ]
It might help if I clarify that Tiptronic is NOT a "sport version of automatic, but still AUTOMATIC." Tiptronic, as fitted to the B5 generation A4s, is a hybrid between a fully automatic 5-speed box and a 5-speed sequential manual with no clutch pedal. In Tiptronic mode, it provide full manual control, and seamless flick-switch changes that are faster and smoother than your average (VERY average, in some cases) human can achieve by stamping on a pedal & shifting a manual gearchange.