SOB

S4SIMON

Reaction score
Just completed A/C overhaul, 10k service, some Samcos & a control arm on my 2000 S4 - running very sweetly - and today I was forced to go up the verge on a country lane to pass a Google camera car - dropped straight into a MASSIVE bombhole and the centre sections of my bumper now have three cracks in them. It pushes together OK when I pop the fog panel out - but the cracks are in really narrow bits, so not sure if they will weld. Is there a cheaper option for a new bumper than a dealer that anyone knows...? Or if you've got a silver one lying around your garage....pm me!

I am gutted.

Most used ones will have cracks in them.

If you're going for used, I wouldn't limit your search to silver only - most will need painting anyway.

Cheers. Am considering one of those 'we can get ANY OE part and paint it for £60' type bods on the net.

Just out of interest - you have a 'B5 RS4 V8 sedan'? Did you do a widebody conversion on an S4 and stick a bigger lump in it? Sounds interesting. And you're in suffolk too - I'm Newmarket. forget Yorkshire - this is real god's country

I did an OEM B5 RS4 widebody conversion, base car is a '96 A4 quattro 2,6L V6 12V.

I also installed an S8 4,2L V8 32V engine, with a 2001 S4 6-speed tranny.