EM TuningBadger5

Thread: SOB

Reverse Gear

Status

SOB

Just completed A/C overhaul, 10k service, some Samcos & a control arm on my 2000 S4 - running very sweetly - and today I was forced to go up the verge on a country lane to pass a Google camera car - dropped straight into a MASSIVE bombhole and the centre sections of my bumper now have three cracks in them. It pushes together OK when I pop the fog panel out - but the cracks are in really narrow bits, so not sure if they will weld. Is there a cheaper option for a new bumper than a dealer that anyone knows...? Or if you've got a silver one lying around your garage....pm me!

I am gutted.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Most used ones will have cracks in them.

If you're going for used, I wouldn't limit your search to silver only - most will need painting anyway.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers. Am considering one of those 'we can get ANY OE part and paint it for 60' type bods on the net.

Just out of interest - you have a 'B5 RS4 V8 sedan'? Did you do a widebody conversion on an S4 and stick a bigger lump in it? Sounds interesting. And you're in suffolk too - I'm Newmarket. forget Yorkshire - this is real god's country

6th Gear

Status
    I did an OEM B5 RS4 widebody conversion, base car is a '96 A4 quattro 2,6L V6 12V.

I also installed an S8 4,2L V8 32V engine, with a 2001 S4 6-speed tranny.