A4 Xenon lamps for £16

• Thread starter imported_christhick
  • Start date
I

imported_christhick

On ebay there is an auction for an upgrade from the standard A4 lights to Xenons. Basicly it is a kit comprising of highlight/sidelight and foglight lamps for £16.00. Seems very cheap to me considering replacement Xenon lamps cost £100 each from Audi. Feedback on the seller is 100% so it all looks above board.

What do you guys think?

These will be Xenon bulbs, probably H7s and H3s , The bulbs will be filled with Xenon gas, Hence Xenon.

Mind you it is an improvement over standard, but not a patch on proper Xemom. which i assume you have , with the ignitors etc.

Yeah, these will still be standard fillament bulbs with xenon gas inside, rather than the gas discharge bulbs fitted to the proper xenon setup. Halfords have stocked xenon filament bulbs for years, but at a higher price.

I've got standard lights but wanted to fit better lamps (blubs to you and me).

I now relise that the entire light casing is gas filled on cars with the xenon upgrade as opposed to just the lamp element!.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I bought a set of those, I should get them tomorrow - I'll let you know what I think.

Cheers

Brian

i had just reg. halogens and i went from a Philips OEM bulb to a Xenon bulb and the light output was a little better but nothing compaired to what the actual Xenon's output

I fitted the £16 lights off ebay yesterday. That was 2 x sets of H4's and a set of blue side lights. I was a bit worried when fitting them as the last thing I wanted was to look like a saxo driver. But I fitted them and the light is almost completely clear. I took a before and after if anyone is interested - mail me me (bpascua@veritas.com) The light looks much brighter and whiter. Even the side lights look cool as they are so white. I think if you dont have the real deal halogen headlight units these are a good value alternative.

Cheers

Brian

Thanks Brian, I'll think I might get a set

[ QUOTE ]
Chriswt said:
I now relise that the entire light casing is gas filled on cars with the xenon upgrade as opposed to just the lamp element!.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not!

The Xenon gas discharge HID lamps use a bulb like any other projector headlight. The lamp casing is filled only with atomospheric gas, and is not sealed. The key difference is that the bulb has no filament in it, using an arc of light between electrodes instead.