DV relocation

Broken Byzan

Photographic Moderator
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So anyway, while at GTi inters my AIT went off the charts, so i have deceided to lower the FMIC into the airflow better and make use of the space behind the S4 bumper. As such i need to extend or replace some pipework.

Would it be of benefit to me to move the DV to the cold side by buying a T peice rather than a straight join?

What are the advantages?
Cheers:thumbsup:

not sure of the advantages, but for one its going to mean a much longer pipework run back to the inlet pipe, which probably isnt a good thing?

I don't think there will be any advantage relocating the DV?.. Yours is a diverter and not a dump valve (atmospheric) isn't it mate? If so like Aragorn said you'll need a really long section of pipe to run the diverted air back unless you're planning on routing it back to the cold side (after FMIC) too?

Yeah Diverter type, thats cool, i was just thinking with having to drop the FMIC it wouldnt have been difficult to put a T in. Some of the A3 guys seem to do it, i wondered if there was an advantage

I suppose if you were altering the turbo setup (big turbo etc.) then it'd free up some more space but other than that I can't see a benefit.. I may be wrong though.