Why you should go S4..

I would guess the S4 is 450 -500 and the A4 350 ish so yeah the S4 is always going to be faster but the clip just highlights by how much lol.

Probably the same reason I assume I can beat everything on the road.. wishful thinking lol

Yeah you definitely do learn road/race etiquette with age.. although I do have to disagree that 27 is old!! :crying: lol

i dont really see the point of the video...

I can see the point in comparing a 350hp BT 1.8T against a 350hp S4, and that would provide an interesting comparison, but comparing a 350hp car against a 500hp one is a bit pointless.

i dont really see the point of the video...

I can see the point in comparing a 350hp BT 1.8T against a 350hp S4, and that would provide an interesting comparison, but comparing a 350hp car against a 500hp one is a bit pointless.

I just thought it was funny that the A4 driver thought he'd win and got his a$$ hole handed to him!!

Nothing more than a bit of light hearted youtube entertainment really.. no deeper study involved.

its a ****** clip in my opinion.
Bassed has a poorly tuned 3071 equiped 1.8t. IMO he should be running well over 400bhp, but clearly doesn't know how to drive. nailing that car in third gear should see the **** slam on the road even at 50mph.

even the ATP dyno sees it at close to 400 "AT THE WHEELS"

dyno3071vs2871.jpg

a proper tune on a 3071 should be well over 400 ATW
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2698530&postid=54447310#54447310

a "stage 3" S4 (whatever that is!) is always going to have more torque under the curve and low down, but that depends on what gear you are in at the time.
stage 3 usually involves Ko4 swaps. cost wise that has got to be painful compared to one 3071 and some drop in rods.
I would want to be caneing "big turbo" A4's if I had just spent £5000/$10000 on my S4 on hardware and fitting too!

now this is a big turbo 1.8t!!!:
stock audi a4 1.8t full interior, stock suspension, GT35r and Tapp 1000cc tune. can your stage 3 S4 run 10 sec 1/4 miles?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM7jTIjdhfM&feature=related

Paul: I recon it could do that just fine on the stock tranny. The Cossies MT75 box is a heap of crap compared to the Audi boxes. The Audis suspension setup is FAR better too, which helps it put the power down.

Its probably running more than 400hp for sure. GT35R is capable of over 500.

that was 11.013 seconds and in no way would a standard gear box and standard diff take a car accross the line that sort of time.
So i'd check again the spec of that car

that was run 1 of 2, keep watching.
I don't need to check the spec. I know the guy. I bought my remap from him.
funny thing is that S4 in the next link is fully stripped with 800lbs removed and not posting much better. by his own comment it cost him $10,000.
TenSecondS4 (1 year ago)
"I ran 10.7 with no nitrous, gutted interior, and $10K invested."

now there is a comparison.
stripped S4 running K04's - 10 sec
standard A4 running GT35r - 10 sec

know which one I would rather have, I love V6 noise, but I also know which one I would rather work on.
pulling engines for turbo work is a pain in the ****!

as for the Gt35, the Tapp A4 was running closer to 700bhp IIRC

the stock box would be fine most likely. i mean i had a pulsar before and everyone thinks they have cocolate boxes and he standard one can get them into the high tens on the quarter.

I think some people need to wind their necks in a bit ;-)
I believe the video is to question assertions made by bassed, not big turbo A4s
vs. S4s in general.

where's the fun in that ;)