Almost RS4'd!

I was watching this the other day. auction ended at £2500 but then got relisted.

When you say Newport IOM do you mean IOW? not a newport on the isle of man as far as im aware ( plus it not on manx plates ) oh and the local over here would have kittens ( with no tails obviously! ) if they saw you confuse the 2 islands! lol

i honestly dont understand why people would want to replicate an RS4, its ok making your audi look as good as you want it but dont start putting stuff on the car which dont belong there, an RS4 is the pinnacle of the B5 and there shouldn be any imitations. but thats my opininion!

i honestly dont understand why people would want to replicate an RS4, its ok making your audi look as good as you want it but dont start putting stuff on the car which dont belong there, an RS4 is the pinnacle of the B5 and there shouldn be any imitations. but thats my opininion!

Plus the fact you'd look a right tit when a real RS pulls alongside at the lights :redface:

There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to modifying cars - as far as going for the RS4-look, if you can afford the parts, the labour involved, but don't want heart-stopping B5 RS4 bills, why not?

I went the B5 RS4 widebody route, because I can, and like the look. I did also have a modified B5 S4 engine, complete with all ancillaries, ECU and harness. I chose to sell it, in favour of an S8 4,2L V8 engine. I've never liked the rear-mounted turbochargers of the 2,7L V6 30V, whereby maintainance of the units requires an engine pull - if you ever had to replace £0.89 copper washers for the turbocharger oil feeds, you're looking at a £700 - £1,200 bill for labour. A no brainer, as far as I'm concerned.

I think we make the mistake of thinking everyone's after a fast car, but not so - some owners go for a certain look, but have no desire to modify the engine. It's no different from a B5 A4 1,6 sporting B5 S4 bumpers, grille and side skirts. Or a B6 A4 1,6 with the DTM / S-Line body parts.

Bottom line is, there's no such thing as parts belonging on a car - as long as they please the owner, they belong there.

There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to modifying cars - as far as going for the RS4-look, if you can afford the parts, the labour involved, but don't want heart-stopping B5 RS4 bills, why not?

I went the B5 RS4 widebody route, because I can, and like the look. I did also have a modified B5 S4 engine, complete with all ancillaries, ECU and harness. I chose to sell it, in favour of an S8 4,2L V8 engine. I've never liked the rear-mounted turbochargers of the 2,7L V6 30V, whereby maintainance of the units requires an engine pull - if you ever had to replace £0.89 copper washers for the turbocharger oil feeds, you're looking at a £700 - £1,200 bill for labour. A no brainer, as far as I'm concerned.

I think we make the mistake of thinking everyone's after a fast car, but not so - some owners go for a certain look, but have no desire to modify the engine. It's no different from a B5 A4 1,6 sporting B5 S4 bumpers, grille and side skirts. Or a B6 A4 1,6 with the DTM / S-Line body parts.

Bottom line is, there's no such thing as parts belonging on a car - as long as they please the owner, they belong there.

fair point but its not the same is it, its like the blokes round my way in their scooby non turbos and joking focus ST's they aint the real thing so why make them try look like one, make a car your own style and unique from the rest, dont jus slap some bumpers on it to make it look like mr jones next door cuz your thinking it will look good but deep in your heart you know its jus a 1.6 ghia, if your gona make a car look fast then i dont see why you dont buy a fast one thats all im sayin, dont dress up like a gangsta if you aint got the minerals and dont where a ferrari jacket if you drive a transit van(you know the ones im on about) id never dream of buying an A4 1.8 an turning it into an S4 lookalike cuz it will always be a 1.8 none the less.

If I found myself with long term reduction in cash-flow, a black 1.9tdi A4 avant with RS4 body and my current wheels would be very appealing, at least until I could get back on my feet again and afford to have my wallet whipped hard by a demanding german mistress again.

Horses for courses - I'm sure many of us had a Golf CL dressed up to look like a GTi at some point in our lives...

if its my car I will stick what I like on it.
I am doing it for me not for everyone driving behind me.

everyone knows that money poured in won't come out the other end when it is time to sell. its his car, he can do what he likes to it.

everyone knows that money poured in won't come out the other end when it is time to sell. its his car, he can do what he likes to it.

Absolutely jcb but everyone's entitled to an opinion ;)

A buddy of mine owns a 2002 Renault Clio 3,0 V6 Sport - a modified 268PS monster, and it's ****** fast.

He also runs a late Porsche 993 turbo.

The same guy also owns a Ferrari F355 replica, based on a new Toyota MR2. Sure, it's still got a 2,0 I4 16V engine, and is by no means fast, but it looks the part.

If he needs a fast car, he has them at his disposal. The Ferrari replica is merely his toy, built with his dough too.

Its really wot modding cars is about, INDIVIDUAL TASTES!!!! If everybody thought along the same lines we'd all like the same stuff etc...Boring!!!

Just realised that your local to me Twiggy - When my car is complete (which should only be a few days) feel free to pop around and have a good look at it.
I personally think not may people out there actually would know its an RS4 replica. I have know badges saying it is. Everyone who has seen it some far has said 'its a very nice looking Audi and what is it?'.
I dont need a fast car at the mo. so a 1.8T will be far better than a 2.7TT for me right now, but IMO my car looks far nicer :)

I actually seen a negaro blue B5 s4 saloon and put then side by side and seen the difference and its ALOT

where abouts you from mate? it be good to look at the car, its not a misano red one by any chance is it?

No no its a Ming Blue one - I'm from caerphilly but living up in Blackwood at the moment - where you from?

must be the real thing round by me then, lucky **** ha

im from merthyr mate, how the car goin?

love how 'rs4 bumpers and front wings' sounds so simple! is it just that or did he do proper mounts wheel arch casings, fog lights etc etc etc
obviously sienna's at one end of the 'do it right' scale is there anything less or is it really all or nothing?

love how 'rs4 bumpers and front wings' sounds so simple! is it just that or did he do proper mounts wheel arch casings, fog lights etc etc etc
obviously sienna's at one end of the 'do it right' scale is there anything less or is it really all or nothing?

i love the S4 in black, still thinkin of wot rims to put on my S4 and i like the original ones but i think the RS4 DTM are going to make their way onto her after seein them on yours, they look bigger than 18's though thanks to the KW V3, nice mate:s4addict:

Sorry to come in on this thread..... I tend to read more than join in. @S4twiggy.... With regards to the Misanno Red RS4 there are two in the fairly close vacinity to you. One i know of very well, the other i have seen a few times. One is standard and the other is around the 490bhp mark! Though i know that the standard one doesn't seem standard, it goes very very well (if it is).