k03's with 12 blades?

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
i have my turbo off just now and its a k03s (well i hope so). the part no is for a k03s and it is a 1.8t quattro so should have a k03s but it has 12 blades on the compressor,should it not be 8? i hope its not a k03 with the plate from a k03s on it.

058 145 703LX is the number. as far as i know it should have 8 blades. if it turns out to be a normal k03 i will only be making about standard bhp with my chip.

Well that part number is listed for the AEB right back to 1995, so its most certainly not a K03S

which Engine code do you have? i THINK the 1.8TQS is an "AJL" which means the correct turbo is infact: 058175703J (or JX presumably)

Interestingly that turbo is also listed for the APU, AWT and ANB, which afaik are all 150hp engines, albeit later ones.

i put a post up a while ago and siena said that was the part number for the turbo on an AJL 1.8t quattro sport. thats just ****** me right off if i have only got a k03! i mean it goes ok but i will prob be about 190 at a push instead of about 210.

well i just looked up vagcat, and put in 2000 A4 quattro, and looked up turbocharger

it lists two PN's the one you gave me and the one i gave you, but only the one i gave you is listed against the AJL

so does that mean they came standard with a k03 or a k03,s? i mean it goes ok the way it is but now i will always be wandering if i should have about 25bhp more or not. it does look like the turbine from a k03 with the 12 blades anyway. is the inside dia to the turbine where the inlet pipe goes on the same on both?

The standard turbo for the AJL is the one with the J suffix. The L suffix (or LX which just means an exchange L) is the normal K03 used on AEB's and the like.

the J suffix is also listed to fit the later B6 1.8T's with the 163/190hp engine (BEX and BFB engine codes amongst others)

looks like i will be looking for a k03,s then.