Knocking when braking

AB5QTS

Reaction score
Hi guys, have been told not to worry but would like to know if any of you have had the same prob.
This doesn't happen straight away and not all the time, but when the pedal is depressed a knock can be heard coming from what sounds like the center of the engine bay. It doesn't do it when in reverse or if the car is statioary. Have checked the wheels and nuts.
Any ideas :think:

Cheers

i have the same problem so today i got the jack out to check things i found it to be both rear lower arm ball joints the only answer is replacement so i thought i would change all of them got a qoute from gsf £125.25 plus the dreaded vat for all 4 ho the joys of owning audis

i got same problem i think keep this thread updated

cheers

Just a note, theres a big thread about these control arms, but to summarise, if your buying replacements, you want either meyle or lemforder, anything else will disintegrate in about 5 minutes.

Just a note, theres a big thread about these control arms, but to summarise, if your buying replacements, you want either meyle or lemforder, anything else will disintegrate in about 5 minutes.

^ Agreed. I fitted a set of QH suspension arms and they didn't even last 6 months before they start edcreaking their nuts off. Was plain embarrassing driving about *creak creak, creak!!!* :(

I ripped them out and replaced them with Lemforder items and over a year later they are still silent and I've covered 20k miles and even put a full days abuse on them at a track day

^ Agreed. I fitted a set of QH suspension arms and they didn't even last 6 months before they start edcreaking their nuts off. Was plain embarrassing driving about *creak creak, creak!!!* :(

I ripped them out and replaced them with Lemforder items and over a year later they are still silent and I've covered 20k miles and even put a full days abuse on them at a track day

agree wit ya mate, i bought a complete suspension system for my previous car 1.8 A4 and it cost me over £500 for everything, due to the car not bein driven much the suspension erroded away, ill never buy anything from Euro car parts again.

as for the knocking while braking im having the same sort of thing with my S4, its not all the time but i heard it an felt it one day when braking at a slow speed(5mph) sharp brake on the peddle and it makes a slight knocking sound comin from the passenger side front!!!!! not sure if its one of the arms as i aint heard the knock since, only heard it for one day then it gone