Stupid eBay sellers

voteforpedro

Reaction score
So I bought this short shifter kit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=130298901701

The listing says 1996-2003... the box said 2001-2003...

So after ripping my current shifter apart, imagine by disappointment to find a number of differences and problems...

- Short shifter has a bend; stock shifter is straight
- Short shifter uses push-on knob; stock is screw-on
- Supplied bolt to attach stick to joint does not fit through the drilled holes in one side of the joint
- NO INSTRUCTIONS
- Came with loads of plastic bits not present in the stock shifter
- Stock plastic "ball" has a large plastic bit which touches plastic dampers to stop it from clunking; not transferable to the new shifter

After dismantling the old one and loosing the springs which fly everywhere I somehow managed to find them and reassemble the old shifter although my Redneck circlip installation technique means I will have to sort it out pretty soon.

I am not happy. Can anybody recommend a short shifter that WILL fit my car and which DOES come with instructions?

I think you will find he sent you the wrong one by mistake as he sells lots of different types, email him and ask him to change it.

I think you will find he sent you the wrong one by mistake as he sells lots of different types, email him and ask him to change it.

tbh I don't have much faith in sellers who assume which car I have and don't think to ask. I would rather get a refund and go elsewhere.

The pic is of the same kit i used to fit my old B5 5 speed. Do you have a pic of the new setup> maybe it's comat with my 6 speed and we can do a deal and all be happy?

The pic is of the same kit i used to fit my old B5 5 speed. Do you have a pic of the new setup> maybe it's comat with my 6 speed and we can do a deal and all be happy?

The pic looks like the correct one but the one I received is not - the stick is bent and not threaded at the end for the knob and there are other differences.

The link looks the same as the kit I got.

Got mine off a mate for £10 as he said it was missing a couple of bits. My brother was going to knock up some replacements. Was well chuffed when it turned out to be complete. lol

A push on top is from the B6 I think. Send it back, i'm sure he'll sort you a replacement.