avant owners - rear wiper question

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My rear wiper has never worked. I think the motor is goosed. When connected is just gives a small bzzz as the motor activates and then dies. Never to turn again unless fully disconnected, fiddled with and then reconnected and bzzz and dead. Question is. Is the rear wiper intermittant or does it stay on all the time when switched on? Just curious more than anything else.
Cheers!

They are intermittant.
Common fault with rear wipers is the wash wipe tube corrodes and water gets in. If you are realy unlucky it drips down into the boot lock as well.

Aye, cheers. The unit itself is clear of corrosion, in fact by hand it rotates freely. ANybody know where or if there is a relay for the rear wiper unit?

They are intermittant.
Common fault with rear wipers is the wash wipe tube corrodes and water gets in. If you are realy unlucky it drips down into the boot lock as well.

Interesting, possible why my boot lock wont turn with key?? card have to come off again.

I had a problem with my rear wiper when i first got my avant recently.

First the wiper arm would stop halfway through it's stroke then after a couple of seconds of hesitation would continue, this lasted for a few days.

Then a couple days later for no reason at all the wiper arm started opperating continuosly and would not stop. The only way i could get it to stop was to remove the inner pannel of the boot lid and remove the clip from the motor.
Lucky for me my car was under warranty so i took it back to the garage who replaced the motor for a new one and i have had no problems since.

This they said was also to do with water from the washer pipe leaking on to the motor.