Boost gauge centre vent install?

voteforpedro

Reaction score
I've bought a 52mm boost gauge which I planned on fitting in the centre or driver-side vent tomorrow. However... stupid question time... what is stopping the installed gauge from rocking up and down as the vent pivots? :hubbahubba:

I've recently installed an oil pressure guage, and found that the guage was deep enough to reach quite far back into the apature meaning it would only move a few mm's up and down.

I put some sticky foam pads above and below the housing to hold it tight so it doesnt move at all now.

I did have to remove the flap that controls the airflow though, as the guage hits it. So i put duck tape over the rear of the housing so the air wouldnt blow past the guage constantly.

I forgot to mention that it's a universal gauge and I'm going to "modify" the existing vent.

I ziptied the wires going into the back of the gauge to the vent housing. That keeps it pretty secure.

I did fit one of those in-vent Ambi-Pur air fresheners a while ago which was quite heavy. Just got a small piece of black cardboard, folded it and wedged it in on the underside of the vent which holds it solid.

This is my next mod too... going to retro-fit the boost gauge I have in the centre vent.

My boost gauge came but I have a question! I heard the fusebox is the best place to wire it up but they gave me a very generous wire length of around 0.25m so there's no way it will reach from the centre vents.

Rather than extending the wire, where else can I splice into? The three wires go to:

- 12v ignition switch
- Vehicle ground
- 12v dash lighting

Do you not have any other wire lying about? I had to extend the wiring that came on mine to reach the dash terminals (switched live).