Facelift rear lights?

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
Looking at fitting some facelift rear lights on the Quattro, but want to know if there is a difference in look from the pattern type unit compared to oem Audi?

Price differs obviously, e.g £30 per side on the bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300308369927

And these go up to £130 for a pair, imagine to be oem units?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300094439670

Does the difference in price justify them in anyway?

From my experience yes the extra cost is justified.

I got a set of pattern ones for mine and they bolted up well enough but when fitting the colour coded plastic strips they just would not sit straight and the car just looked like it had been rear ended as the trim was all wavey.

I got my OEM facelift tail lights from a breaker for £50 the pair. Very pleased.

did you want used or new
a used one here on ebay

Cheers for info, thought it was just the Lexus type stuff people had trouble with plastics fitting on.

Preferebly looking for new, but would take very good 2nd hand pair also, as will need to change some wiring aswell i think anyway?

From my experience yes the extra cost is justified.

I agree completely...while on occasion I get lucky buying discounted parts, I do notice that when buying the more expensive parts, I have less issues when installing and getting them to work properly.
smile.gif

Cheers for info, thought it was just the Lexus type stuff people had trouble with plastics fitting on.

Preferebly looking for new, but would take very good 2nd hand pair also, as will need to change some wiring aswell i think anyway?

What type of tail lights do you have at the moment?

These
Pre96.jpg

Or these
19-23.jpg

If it's the former you will need bulb holders as well but I beleive they plug straight into the old loom and will then require a pin swap on the plug. If you have the later ones you can reuse your existing bulb holders and need to perform the pin swap. if youwant to perform th edual rear foglight mod you will need the 99> bulb holders as well as the earlier ones are missing the electrical contact.

Pin swaps are;
O/S - Swap Blue/Red with Black/Green
N/S - Swap Blue/Red with Black/White

HTH, I think mine looks loads fresher with the late lights on.

99Taillights.jpg

I have the pre facelift type now, same as u had on yours, not the really early type. So need to swap some pins just. Cheers.

hi ive just bought some of the rear lights in the 2nd picture and one's of the car, do these need the pin swap ? they came with the bulb holders They are from a 2000 Audi A4 B5