Remap done

AB5QTS

Reaction score
Visited MRC in Banbury on Monday to have a custom remap done. Big thanks to Doug who was very thorough with making sure the car was ready for the extra power. Car is alot smoother through the gears and bit more of a kick in the pants from the turbo. Extra 35ish BHP will do nicely. Would recomend to anyone. Professional and good crack. Cheers :o.k:

Duncan

only DBW AFAIK

long drive from scotland.
what did you start and end up with power wise?

Drive By Wire (no throttle cable). Duncan has a Tqs (non DBW)

AFAIK, MRC will map most VAG stuff, did my Passat VR6 years ago (definately not DBW!).

Based on my personal experience, I can't recommend MRC highly enough, £500 for a custom remap (based on how you drive, where you want the power to be), and they will do a full health check before tweaking. Put it this way, I prefer to travel down from Leeds to Banbury if anything major needs doing on the RS4, purely for peace of mind.
Give them a call, you'll most likely get through to Lucas, he'll be able to talk you through what they can do for your car, no pressure, just earnest advice.
Can't comment on Jabbasport, having never used them - they know (knew?) a hell of a lot about VW superchargers though.

Might be worth checking how much it would cost for MRC to do the mods, they can definately do it, I'm just not sure how competitive they are pricewise.

i dont know why i said the above as it looks like im going a different way with the car now, remap may not be needed....

Soryy for the long wait for reply JCB, been busy. Well the figures given ae from Doug's laptop plugged in while doing a couple of 3rd gear 2K to 6K rpm runs so I don't know how acurate they are. But I started at 170bhp (I guess 10 years and 78000 miles take some juice out the engine an ended up with 205bhp. I think he said it would be running at 18psi now too, and you can definately feel the extra couple of psi especially in second. Lovely to drive. That and the Forge Splitter DV gives it a nice Pssssss too. Not too loud but loud enough.

Chhers guys