Passat instead of an A4

• Thread starter imported_christhick
  • Start date
I

imported_christhick

I doubt that any of you will be happy with what I'm about to say but has anyone considered a Passat W8 4motion.

Out of curiosity I had a look on Auto trader and for 50k 5yr old A4 2.8Q money you can get a mint 2yr old 25k Passat fully loaded with all the toys. It’s got an eight cylinder, 4-litre engine and produces 275bhp!! What a ‘Q’ car.

When in later life it comes to houses and women cars tend to take second place and this is when that Passat becomes cheaper, better sounding, more powerfull and very tempting alternative. Shame it's a V-dub.

The engine is just scrummy, it doesn't quite have the finish of an Audi but in terms of value for money it a lot.

I have to say I was in the same situation about 3 years ago. I was looking for an A6/A4 or Passat.....as it happened the for my price range, my choice boiled down to the A4 or Passat.......which won out? The Passat. Why? Rear passenger space....the A4 is not a family motor....you just can't get 2 kids in the back comfortably. If I were you in the same situation, I'd probably go for the Passat again.

Heck, if you're looking for a good value VAG mota.....go for the Skoda Superb.....it really is excellent value for money. Bigger than the Passat (only a few inches, but it does make all the diff!), all the toys, and the same reliability we've all come to expect......just debadge it and no-one will know the difference!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ttandka said:
I have to say I was in the same situation about 3 years ago. I was looking for an A6/A4 or Passat.....as it happened the for my price range, my choice boiled down to the A4 or Passat.......which won out? The Passat. Why? Rear passenger space....the A4 is not a family motor....you just can't get 2 kids in the back comfortably. If I were you in the same situation, I'd probably go for the Passat again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, rear legroom was far superior in the Passat in comparison with the A4.