Boom there goes a kerb!!!

justin_1ss

Reaction score
Well it happened on a cold wet day bit of gravel and a drain i managed to side swipe my car into a kerb! It took off the whole of the lower black spoiler and im my brothers words F*cked up the underneath with a cracked wishbone and the left front wheel being pushed back, i know its a dreaded thing but i shall be taking it into audi at least to discover the full extent of the damage, so if anyone knows of a nice shunted A4 or one that has taken damage on the right hand side please let me know, i feel a right fool from what i have done as it is a horrible feeling seeing a beautiful car trashed i hope i really do learn from my mistakes.

Justin

Full marks for your honesty. You're a true Audi owner/driver in the making.

Good luck with the repairs. Often first thoughts of the extent of the damage are worse than it actually is.

Chrikey! How long have you had the car?!! Did I read a couple of days ago that you'd just passed???!??!?!

Oh well, happens to the best of us, chin up.

I made the mistake of getting myself a nice big Suzuki GSXR600 after passing my bike test, had it 3 weeks and shoved it under a stationary Fiesta at 60mph. Wrote her car off, wrote my bike off... hmmm TFTP was always a risk... £3000 down the drain...

Moral of the lecture... Sh!t happens... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Get it fixed and get driving again... Summer's nearly over!

should I be laughing ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Oh well, like the others said, atleast your honest and the education has begun.

Justin mate,

Don't feel too bad about the bump. Speaking from experience, I can tell you I was inches (literally) away from a prang the day I passed my test.

In a way it's good that you had this little incident - it often changes the way people drive for the better - and the fact that you've experienced it so early in your driving life can only be a good thing.

It's nice to have a bit of power at disposal, but it's learning when to use it that's the important part. Not saying you were speeding or anything, but in most towns/citys, you get the odd corner or hazard that you really do need to concentate on, and slow right down. Could be bad camber, blind corner, any number of things.

You never stop learning when it comes to driving. Use your experience for the better, become more aware of potential hazards, and keep your chin up.

It happens to us all mate, it's just preventing 'moments' that really counts.

Best of luck getting it fixed up.

Andrew.

[ QUOTE ]
red_a4 said:
Well it happened on a cold wet day bit of gravel and a drain i managed to side swipe my car into a kerb! It took off the whole of the lower black spoiler and im my brothers words F*cked up the underneath with a cracked wishbone and the left front wheel being pushed back, i know its a dreaded thing but i shall be taking it into audi at least to discover the full extent of the damage, so if anyone knows of a nice shunted A4 or one that has taken damage on the right hand side please let me know, i feel a right fool from what i have done as it is a horrible feeling seeing a beautiful car trashed i hope i really do learn from my mistakes.

Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard lines, mate, & respect for 'fessing up. If it's any consolation, I did the same thing on my first car. I'd been driving for five years, but I didn't get my first car til after leaving university. I'd had it three days when I spun it in the rain & slapped sideways into the kerb. I was lucky, though. All it cost me was two replacement wheels from the scapyard, at a cost of £10.

We've all been there so, as Stuart Adamson said:

Pull up your head off the floor, come up screaming!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

This should brighen your day...........

My first car was a VW golf, about 18 years ago now. 18 years old and taking a bird to wales for a dirty weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I ended up rolling the car and landing on it's roof. - write off

2nd Accident I drove a hire car under the front of a lorry, trying to join a dual carriageway the wrong way

3rd Accicent I drove my bosses Beemer head onto into another car. The only thing left of any use on the BM was the boot lid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

All that in about 2 years... learnt my lessons though and have never had an accident since.