Service indicator reset

I

imported_ianimms

Sorry if this has been asked before but can't find a relevant thread... anyway does anyone know how you reset the computer screen in the dash from telling you 'Service!' My other halfs old S3 told you how in the manual but no longer have that (house instead!) and my new Audi doesn't have the manuals with it to tell me how! Will be serviceing myself not through rip off stealer, Please Help!

Hello,

Try this -

Audi A4 & A6 (All years)

* Turn off the ignition
* Press and hold the button on the left side of the display while turning the ignition on
* Service OIL will be displayed
* Pull out the button on the right side of the display until the service prompt is cleared
* The display should now read ---

If the above procedure does not work, outlined below is an alternative procedure:

* With the ignition off, push the right button
* Turn the ignition on and then pull the left button
* This should clear the warning message

Cheers

Brian

This doesnt work on my audi A4 1.8.

Can anyone help?

Cheers for the advice, i will try Brian's idea first and if that fails get one of the reset thingy's from ebay, i had noticed them already, just thought seeing as my other halfs old W reg S3 had it in the manual there must be a way.

Just gone out to the car to test and Brian's idea and unfortunately it didn't work. However in an effort not to be beaten i had a play around and found

ignition off
hold both buttons in
turn on ignition

and hay presto, now reset to telling me in needs serviceing in 9300 miles. Just need to stop it blowing blue smoke now!!

My model was made 15/12/1999 on V reg, A4 1.8 T Quattro Sport

lucky you, tried everything on my R reg 1.8 audi a4. Nothing works!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If anyone near leeds as a kit that fixes my problem please contact me!!