Newby here....1.8T sport

taffyjason

Reaction score
Hi all

After a short , but very enjoyable GTV V6 ownership...which became broken far too quickly...i purchased a used 1.8T sport A4.

So firstly, hello all..

Secondly...what sensible upgrades can i do to this car, the car is very nice and comfy to drive, but a little short on ooomph...what can i do that will help me out and not make me a chav?

cheers people:laugh:

As long as she is mechanicaly sound, you won't go far wrong with getting her mapped/Chipped. Thats the best bang for buck as it were. Around 50 bhp, and 45 Lbft torque can be expected

Oh and welcome to the world of Audi ownership

Welcome get some :sign_pics: up

As long as she is mechanicaly sound, you won't go far wrong with getting her mapped/Chipped. Thats the best bang for buck as it were. Around 50 bhp, and 45 Lbft torque can be expected

Oh and welcome to the world of Audi ownership

And who by? Ive only been quoted 25bhp and 22lbft so far!

drizz has a 1.8TQS though, so its already making 180hp, and you wont get much more than 200-210 from the stock turbo.

Hadn't thought of that, still should see a good 30 bhp or more, or A3 TQS went from 180 to 220 BHP On a flash tune

hiya all, thanks for all the replies...

its a non quattro, so running at 150bhp...is the turbo the same as the one on the 1.8T S3 ?

cheers

AJL - 180bhp

taffyjason doesn't mention if his is quattro - if not, then he has 150bhp.

Ahhhhh ok i thought sport was the 180 tag not the quattro. Learn something everyday. Spose they need the extra 30bhp to run the quattro

^^ Thats right,^^ A K04-15 or a derivative of. None of the turbo's from the A3's or S3's or Seats etc . The worst is the k04-15 was never actually fitted to any car as std, its a Borg Warner factory upgrade. So it's worth ringing or Emailing the likes of Scroll Products or CR turbo's for upgrade, Hybrid options