1st of the last two jobs. Ever!

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
Getting stuck into the rear wiper. Not essential but a mere convenience that I'd like to have working, after all, it's the least of the things that The Teabag has had wrong with it.

Anyhoo. Checked loads of posts and subject re the rear wash wipe and I'm probably a bit stuck until I get a voltmeter but has anybody (avant owners or A3 owners probably) ever had problems with the loom or has it always been with the motor?

Had the wiper unit to bits, all aprears to be free and moving well. Tired to service the motor part as best I can & cleaned all relevant bits. By removing the motor housing I can turn the mechanism by hand and it moves nice and freely here's the kicker.... When I connect it all up and flick the stalk I get about a seconds worth of movement and then nothing. I've swapped the motor out from a donor unit and get the same result. The only thing I've not tried is footering about with the brushes, very small tiny brushes, small tiny pingy, hard to see on the concrete floor springs. Not gonna get a new unit if it's goosed, would like to fix it.