My Audi Life....

Drizz

Project Plush
Reaction score
Well ive been told to get a project thread on the go so spose i will. Some of you will recognise the car from here already so ill start from today...

Used it for a few days now, i do 100 miles a day and the dirt was apparant:

280520091455.jpg

280520091456.jpg

Got the plates off and found the old screws were stuck in, so when my personal plate goes on ill drill them out:

280520091457.jpg

Got my valeter to crack on:

280520091458.jpg

Wheels came up lovely (which ill be putting in the classifieds as i want some OE VAG wheels of some sort):

280520091459.jpg

280520091460.jpg

280520091461.jpg

280520091462.jpg

Found a few blemishes. Firstly scouring pad action (look in the house roof reflection):

280520091464.jpg

Door:

280520091465.jpg

Rear quarter:

280520091466.jpg

Rear Bumper:

280520091468.jpg

All Washed:

280520091469.jpg

280520091470.jpg

And then i went round an polished it:

280520091471.jpg

280520091472.jpg

280520091473.jpg

280520091474.jpg

280520091475.jpg

So plans are this.....
Because my private plate only has 5 letters, its short as seen here on my Vectra that im selling:

220420091340.jpg

And as someone has fixed the front plate on my audis bumper at the edges the screw holes will be seen. So as i have a spare bumper in the garage im going to get the plate recess shortened on the bumper thats on the car using bits from the spare bumper.
I also want the boot recess shortened also.
First off i want the wheels gone in exchange for some OE VAG ones, but not made up my mind which. Ill have to see what i get offered.
I know some will hate it but i want to fit a dump valve, which i have in stock, just need a fitting kit.
Ill be ordering a full Milltek too, finding a KO4 turbo, having it remapped, and uprating the brakes with something beefy, and not standard.
Suspension wise im hoping on a full eibach kit as opposed to coilovers due to the milage i travel, but as i may buy a small works van this could change :)

So thats it for now, ill update as and when. Thanks for reading!

Nice looker, always was, and if you look after her, no reason for her not to stay like it either.

I had the same problem with the shorter plate, i decieded on the cheapskate option of a GB style one with the digits centered.lol

Well done for the thread! like the colour. i assume the interior is half leather?
and 3rd time lucky with the Audi :eyebrows:

Loving the 90 on the driveway! Thats gotta be fun!

CRUISE CONTROL

Drizz here is what it looks like
Linky

this link includes fitting

Ras as i said on the other thread thats only the case if its electronic throttle.

The 1.8 TQS' ive seen were all cable throttle.

i thought all facelift's are DBW

the fitter/seller mentions this in his description

THE KIT IS SUITABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING CARS;

* AUDI A4 B5 (1998-2001) 1.8, 1.8T, 2.0, 2.0T, 2.4, 2.6, 2.7, 2.7T 2.8, 3.0, 4.2 ( NOT FOR NEW SHAPE) ONLY MODELS WITH EPC LIGHT

* AUDI S4 B5 (1998-2001) ( NOT FOR NEW SHAPE) ONLY MODELS WITH EPC LIGHT

* A4 TDI B5 (1995-2001) 1.9 TDI 2.5TDI (PLEASE ASK IF NOT SURE).

*** ALSO FITS QUATTRO MODELS ON ALL ABOVE *** IF NOT MENTIONED PLEASE ASK ***

the seller also mentions if your pedal looks like this, i should work

accpedal.jpg

Nice machine... saw this when it was up for sale.

I'll be interested in seeing your front bumper when it's done as I could do with this mod when I get my plate on mine!

Do you have a 'full-on' side shot of your car please so it shows the lines of the lower front splitter? I have one to fit on mine, but unsure where to place it as it's a bit curvy under there!

Cheers,

Giles

yer, its just a little more involved as you need to physically connect the actuator etc to the throttle valve, but it is possible.

As i say, ours is fitted. I got the ECU, pump, stalk and actuator from A8Parts (the A8 components are the same as the A4 ones) for about 90quid, and spent a further 30ish on the correct brackets to hold the actuator to the engine and the pump under the ABS modulator. Made the loom up myself using the wiring diagrams from the A8 and A4. It just doesnt work. I've got a fault finding guide which shows my wirings all spot on. The stalk works, the ECU has power and the pump makes the correct noises. The only thing i havent confirmed is the speed signal is getting to the ECU correctly.

I need to get the voltmeter onto the pump when moving and see whats happening, but my thaughts are either the ECU is faulty, or the speed signal is wrong.

they fit under the standard 16's ;)

You need TT carriers, B6 312mm disks and use the stadnard calipers and pads.

Ive got 4pot Brembos to go on so just want some bigger discs....

Couple of bits today. Got my new wheels, which are going off for refurb..... I had these on my Astra Cabriolet and Zafira GSi so thought id buy some more:

BP4FrzQ2kKGrHgoOKioEjlLmfBoYBJ17Usw.jpg

Fitted the DV:

060620091476.jpg

And Kate got the ring sticker off:

060620091477.jpg

Nice car there, Drizz.

Just in case you want OEM wheels, I'll do a trade with a set of Avus wheels with tyres.

7,5" x 16" with very legal 225/50x16.

Currently on my Avant S4.
:ninja:

Cheers Siena but if they were an inch bigger id be interested...
Ill be advertising the rims without the tyres tomorrow as i can use the Tyres on the new Radius wheels.
I just dont think these BBS suit the car. Lovely wheels, colour and finish wise, but just dont look right. Who knows if the R6s will look right but hey ho.....
Byzan, what do you mean splitter type DV?

Byzan, what do you mean splitter type DV?

Yes mate ! The VAG system has a long standing problem working correctly with too much air not being recirculaed using a Diverter Valve, or a splitter type one on low atomospheric setting

Well mines a DV26. Not very loud but ive put that down to the very good insulation in the A4 compared to the old Vauxhalls im used to turbo'ing. But it still runs the same?

The C/Z20LET suffers the same issues really, as they also use a MAF for the main fuel metering.

The MAF fuels for air thats no longer in the system, as the DV is dumping metered air. This means you get a short period of overfuelling after the dump due to the system fuelling for the dumped air as well as the new air, and this can cause flatspots and other odd issues with the way the car runs in general. Its basically introducing a massive leak into your intake system.

I think the A4 is espeically susceptible as it has no MAP or boost sensor, it ONLY uses the MAF for fuelling, unlike the LET's

The C/Z20LET suffers the same issues really, as they also use a MAF for the main fuel metering.

The MAF fuels for air thats no longer in the system, as the DV is dumping metered air. This means you get a short period of overfuelling after the dump due to the system fuelling for the dumped air as well as the new air, and this can cause flatspots and other odd issues with the way the car runs in general. Its basically introducing a massive leak into your intake system.

I think the A4 is espeically susceptible as it has no MAP or boost sensor, it ONLY uses the MAF for fuelling, unlike the LET's

So if it has no MAP/Boost sensors surely adjusting the preload on the actuator will allow more boost without the car really knowing about it? Or am i talking twaddle?

i thought all facelift's are DBW

the fitter/seller mentions this in his description

THE KIT IS SUITABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING CARS;

* AUDI A4 B5 (1998-2001) 1.8, 1.8T, 2.0, 2.0T, 2.4, 2.6, 2.7, 2.7T 2.8, 3.0, 4.2 ( NOT FOR NEW SHAPE) ONLY MODELS WITH EPC LIGHT

* AUDI S4 B5 (1998-2001) ( NOT FOR NEW SHAPE) ONLY MODELS WITH EPC LIGHT

* A4 TDI B5 (1995-2001) 1.9 TDI 2.5TDI (PLEASE ASK IF NOT SURE).

*** ALSO FITS QUATTRO MODELS ON ALL ABOVE *** IF NOT MENTIONED PLEASE ASK ***

the seller also mentions if your pedal looks like this, i should work

accpedal.jpg

Nope mine was not but in the USA they where.

Today i debadged it, nothing special but took some pics once it was clean. Picking a new part up on thursday, which will hopefully be done monday, and collecting wheels all done on Saturday. Need to order new tyres now!

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Taishty!!!! Avants rule my friend. Don't happen to know where your relay for the rear wiper is located on the relay box mate?