Air Con dead - advice required

mal79

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently had the front of the car off to replace rad and was planning to do renew drive belt & water pump at same time. I was however thwarted when I got to the aux belt tensioner allen bolt which rounded, then running out of time and daylight...

So I had the a/c compressor unplugged from wiring and carefully moved to the side, and aux belt wasn't actually disturbed. Once it was all back together, I started the engine and briefly heard a belt like squealing noise from the area which lasted about a second. I checked and all the belts and pulleys were moving fine, however since then there has been no Air Con.

The climate control fault code is showing as 22.1 - A/C Refrigerant High Pressure Switch, static open. I am pretty sure that I may have done something to the a/c system whilst it was unplugged and unbolted rather than an a coincidental fault developing.

Can anyone help me with a troubleshooting process so I can identify where the fault lies? If I have failed to reconnect a wiring plug would this throw a fault code?

Thanks, Mal

Have you plugged the wire in that goes to the condensor below the headlight? It passes through the front panel to the side of the condensor

Have you plugged the wire in that goes to the condensor below the headlight? It passes through the front panel to the side of the condensor

:blush:

I thought I did, though on closer inspection that was exactly the problem. Oops!

Happy now though, cold air!