10"x18" BBS RXII Splits With 265/35x18's

Siena

Reaction score
I've got a great chance to pick up a set of 6 BBS RXII splits.

Just 3 months old, 4 are same as on Outlaw - 8.5"x18" ET32, with brand new 225/40x18 Toyo Proxies.

The other 2 are 10"x18" ET40, with brand new 265/35x18 Toyo Proxies.

I have a client lined up to buy the 8.5"x18" with the 225's, with me adding £*** to pick up the pair of 10"x18" with 255's, which I think will look great on Outlaw's rear.

So, I'll have for sale, a mint pair of BBS RXII's, with 255/35x18 Dunlop SP 9000's, tread is about 6mm, I don't rag my car.

Will keep you guys posted, in the meantime, any takers for the above pair of wheels / tyres?

thats a lot of rubber. will look good

might be better off selling them singly to someone who has bent one thought won't you?

I'll obviously only have 2 wheels and tyres to sell, they'll be no good to me at any rate.

I picked up the 6 BBS RXII splits yesterday - sold the 8,5" x 18" ones, and fitted the 10" x 18" pair to Outlaw.

With 265/35ZR18 Toyo Proxies, there's a LOT of room - 275 section tyres would fit, and an 11" wheel at the rear will also be accommodated with ease.

The rears are currently @ ET28 - the original 8,5" x 18" were ET20, well ET32 with BBS-supplied 12mm spacers.

The 10's are ET40, with the same 12mm spacers, so ET28. I'm going to purchase 20mm BBS spacers, to push the wheels out further.

Some pictures -

05062009388.jpg

05062009389.jpg

05062009382.jpg

05062009383.jpg

05062009384.jpg

05062009386.jpg

05062009387.jpg

The centres of the 10's have more curved spokes than the 8,5's.

Which means, if I wanted more "poke", I could fit the centres of the 8,5's to the 10's, which would push the wheels out further.

But too much hassle removing the very tight BBS bolts, also if any round off (the splines) then it means I'll have to purchase new ones, something I wish to avoid at all costs.

So for now, I'll just be happy with spacers. I'm also going to get BBS spacers in 15mm for the fronts, to bring the offset to ET17.

Besides looking aesethically better, it'll also give a bit more room within the wheels for larger brakes, and allow for more cooling.

Brakes that run close to the wheels tend to run hotter. While not an issue at present, it will be later, when I upgrade to a B7 RS4 set-up.

I really like it, looks great.

Still not sure on the black stripe, but as you said,each to their own tastes

I think the wheels look fine. They sit just right in the arch, and imo moving them 10mm further out is just going to look silly. It will make it look like they dont fit properly.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/Lovindeer/05062009386.jpg

That image seems to show what i mean, if you moved it any further out it would just look like youve fitted wheels that dont fit properly, much like teh chavs you see driving around with the wrong offset wheels fitted to their corsas....

Looks good as it is!

That's a very tidy looking car man. How have the mud guards paid of over the winter? Any more less noticable crap on your arches?

The mudflaps have been great, worked a treat.

The wheels look excellent dude, im with Mark on the black strip tho, however its your car and the rest of it looks BANG ON!! :)

Hi Siena, love your car - I'm going to apologise in advance as I might be using your car for some inspiration.
I'll probably keep my Andy RS badge and lose the 4, I'm looking at getting a rear diffuser for the standard bumper. I also wanna vinyl the roof and tint the windows and remove the rear spoiler. Get some Ali wingmirrors and face lift from lights.

The questions I wanna ask u and doc are,
a) do (did) you use any metel sill plates - if so go any pictures &
b) is your rear bumper the RS4 one or a modified standard one?

No worries, Paul.

If you wish to lose the rear spoiler, you'll have at least 4 holes on the trunk, which would require welding and smoothing / painting.

If it helps, I have a Ming blue trunk I'm selling, no damage, or spoiler holes, ready to bolt on.

Sill plates?? Not sure what you mean there - they are standard B5 RS4 items, fitted to the original sills. The B5 RS4 is exactly the same underneath.

The rear bumper is a B5 S4 Euro item, modified to fit the wider B5 RS4 rear quarters. I'd get them, rather than try adding a diffuser to a stock A4 item.