alarm chirp on vw can it be done on audi?

well i just done it to my a3 with vag .Works a treat :)

I also done it to my old LCr , so yes it is possible :p

vag.com

46 central convieniences

long coding function 7

Byte 8 Bit 1 - Unlocking Confirmation via Door Locks
Byte 8 Bit 3 - Unlocking Confirmation via Remote Control
Byte 9 Bit 1 - Locking Confirmation via Door Locks
Byte 9 Bit 3 - Locking Confirmation via Remote Control

Byte 10 Bit 7 - Anti-Theft-System Activation Confirmtion (Horn) This needs to remain checked

easy peasy

were abouts are you?

may of rushed into this one a bit......as you have a horn which will honk lol!

didnt watch the vid as my flash is playing up :(

surley it is fairly easy to instal a siren on the alarm for the chirp?

or aint it that easy....?

I would love to know if this can be done on our Audi's, the honk is so embarrassing. Only reason why I have it on is so I know when I lock the doors instead of looking at the car indicators using the remote central locking.

more like a burp than a chirp haha

its on rosstechs page under B5 A4:

35-Central Locks: -- KWP-1281
VAG-COM Works fine (note: pre-'97 A4's may not have this module).

Recode locking options
[Select]
[35 - Cent. Locks]
[Recode - 07]
Enter the coding below
[Do It!]

Write down the existing coding for future reference.

Add the following options to your coding number: +64 Windows up, sunroof close, and windows down with remote.
-04 One touch unlock of all 4 doors and trunk
-1024 Remove horn honk when arming
+32 Auto lock/unlock of doors (Doors lock at 15 mph and unlock when key is removed)

So if your car doesnt currently honk, then you'd add 1024 to the existing coding in that channel and save it.

Done this on craigs S4 and it worked just fine. Its a bit of a silly noise, but its instant audiable notification that the car has locked successfully. If a door is left open or somethings not right it doesnt hoot, so you know theres something odd. Whereas just having the flashing indicators is easily missed.

Early A4's did it by default, and it cant be disabled. For some reason on the later cars (after 97ish) they disabled it using that coding value.

its on rosstechs page under B5 A4:

35-Central Locks: -- KWP-1281
VAG-COM Works fine (note: pre-'97 A4's may not have this module).
Recode locking options
[Select]
[35 - Cent. Locks]
[Recode - 07]
Enter the coding below
[Do It!]

Write down the existing coding for future reference.

Add the following options to your coding number: +64 Windows up, sunroof close, and windows down with remote.
-04 One touch unlock of all 4 doors and trunk
-1024 Remove horn honk when arming
+32 Auto lock/unlock of doors (Doors lock at 15 mph and unlock when key is removed)

So if your car doesnt currently honk, then you'd add 1024 to the existing coding in that channel and save it.

Done this on craigs S4 and it worked just fine. Its a bit of a silly noise, but its instant audiable notification that the car has locked successfully. If a door is left open or somethings not right it doesnt hoot, so you know theres something odd. Whereas just having the flashing indicators is easily missed.

Early A4's did it by default, and it cant be disabled. For some reason on the later cars (after 97ish) they disabled it using that coding value.

I think you have missed the point, if you watch the whole of the video it has 3 parts. 1 (before) where it locks with no honk and 2 (after) where it honk and 3 (after-after) where it chirps.

I think this guy has modified his siren to make it chirp than honk. I would love to know how to do this mod but I have read some where it isnt that easy to just replace the siren.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4002367

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2754999&page=3

I might just get a siren, replace it and see what happens.

TBH i am not sure that the OE alarm system gives the right kind of output to activate that. IIRC its pulsed not continuous

Just ordered one off ebay on the above link, As soon as I get it, I will attempt to fit this, give feedback and also post a video.

what does it sound like?
and where is the alarm horn located?

ah ok is the alarm hoot or the car horn hoot?