engine temp display

yendall24

Reaction score
hi all does anybody know the procedure to display the engine temp on the climate control display i think i have a dodgy temp gauge as the engine oil temp gauge starts to rise 2 to 3 miles before the water temp gauge begins to move all the other audis i have owned its always been the water temp that starts rising first any info would be welcome

Can't remember the sequence (not without doing it anyway) but code 49 gives me accurate coolant temps. It may differ on year, but on my '98 pre-facelift that works.

does it ever reach 90?

The coolant temp should come up to 90 pretty quickly and sit there unmoving. If it slowly comes up and never reaches 90 then it may well be the thermostat.

Worth checking with the climate and VAGCOM if you can too. Although vagcom wil give you the true reading ntot the massaged guage reading.

Worth changing the coolant temp sensor just in case before you get to the conclusion of thermostat.

mine was like this. it would hardly move in winter so i changed the stat and it sits bang on 90 all the time.