Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

removing front seats

i am looking to take the front seats out of my 2000 x reg A4 to clean the carpet and seats properly.

how do i undo the rear fasteners? there is a holding some black plastic cover on, one each side, but even with theese removed the covers seem very well secured and i dont want to break them.

the car has the electric heated leather seats, if it varies from car to car.

Thanks
    1999 Audi A4 1.8TQS (Standard)
    2003 VW Golf GT TDi
    2002 Audi S8 4.2 SOLD
    2004 Alfa 156 2.4JTD 20V Veloce SOLD
    2000 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro tiptronic (Electric heated seats, winter pack, lowered on H&R Springs & 18" A8 sport wheels) SOLD
    1999 Audi A4 1.9TDI 110hp (with full Audi Sports kit) SOLD

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    There are some vertical screws under some plastic caps as well as the more obvious horizontal ones. Once you've got both those off, the 'end caps' slip off and the whole seat can move back.

You need to make sure you've pulled the pin from the front of the middle runner.

I find it helpful to tilt the seat backs forward so the seats are at a right angle. It's best if you just push the seats back far enough for the middle runner to come free, then tilt them back so you can get to the electrical connectors underneath.
    Mo power, mo problems

6th Gear

Status
    There are some vertical screws under some plastic caps as well as the more obvious horizontal ones. Once you've got both those off, the 'end caps' slip off and the whole seat can move back.

You need to make sure you've pulled the pin from the front of the middle runner.

I find it helpful to tilt the seat backs forward so the seats are at a right angle. It's best if you just push the seats back far enough for the middle runner to come free, then tilt them back so you can get to the electrical connectors underneath.
    Mo power, mo problems