removing front seats

Mr K

Reaction score
i am looking to take the front seats out of my 2000 x reg A4 to clean the carpet and seats properly.

how do i undo the rear fasteners? there is a holding some black plastic cover on, one each side, but even with theese removed the covers seem very well secured and i dont want to break them.

the car has the electric heated leather seats, if it varies from car to car.

Thanks

There are some vertical screws under some plastic caps as well as the more obvious horizontal ones. Once you've got both those off, the 'end caps' slip off and the whole seat can move back.

You need to make sure you've pulled the pin from the front of the middle runner.

I find it helpful to tilt the seat backs forward so the seats are at a right angle. It's best if you just push the seats back far enough for the middle runner to come free, then tilt them back so you can get to the electrical connectors underneath.

There are some vertical screws under some plastic caps as well as the more obvious horizontal ones. Once you've got both those off, the 'end caps' slip off and the whole seat can move back.

You need to make sure you've pulled the pin from the front of the middle runner.

I find it helpful to tilt the seat backs forward so the seats are at a right angle. It's best if you just push the seats back far enough for the middle runner to come free, then tilt them back so you can get to the electrical connectors underneath.