Hub Bolt Torque

d4mo

Reaction score
After 3 weekends of hassle I have finally managed to get all the control arms changed on may car, hoo freaking ray!

Not something I want to have to do again in the very near future, although at the moment it should all come apart quite nicely thanks to the amount of copper slip used on the pinch bolts etc.

The last thing I need to do is get the hub bolt torqued up before i take the car on a shakedown run, on the way to the MOT test centre (fingers crossed). I have searched the forums and looked on Audi world and there appears to be a number of conflicting answers as to what the hub bolt should be torqued up to, anyone got a definitive answer to this?

Someone with elsawin can check for yer, I havnt reinstalled it as yet on new laptop, that will list all your car bolts torques.

Cheers NHN, any recommendations where to get elsawin from? I intend to keep the car for a few years yet and would find something like that quite invaluable.

It depends on the size of your hub bolt apparently:

M14 bolt = 115Nm (85 lb/ft) + further 180 degrees
M16 bolt = 190Nm (140 lb/ft) + 180 degrees

Courtesy of Haynes' finest!!

Yeap I recognise the half turn aswell so sounds right to me.

It depends on the size of your hub bolt apparently:

M14 bolt = 115Nm (85 lb/ft) + further 180 degrees
M16 bolt = 190Nm (140 lb/ft) + 180 degrees

Courtesy of Haynes' finest!!

Yeap I recognise the half turn aswell so sounds right to me.

AYe, funny thing is though. After an unsuccesfull CVJ attemp on the teabag (Inner CJ and coupling was siezed) and tightening up the hub bolt putting it back togther I'd be ******** if I could get that extra half turn... And I go to the gym!:weight_lift2: