interior monitor switch

Rutter

Reaction score
where the hell is that, the wind keeps setting my alarm off outside the office, and i dont live in an area safe enough to leave my car unlocked so il settle with no alarm for now. but i cant find the damn switch aha

Its 3/4 the way down the bpillar behind the drivers seat. If you look behind the seatbelt webbing where it goes down the pillar it should be there

iv seen a picture showing 2 buttons, one being the PIR button and the other being the boot release. i dont seem to have either, theres not another location for them is there? the cars a 1995 model ,im not sure if that helps any

il have a proper look tommrow in the light see if i can scope out some mysterious buttons haha

wind wouldn't set the IM off.
check you don't have a dead alarm repeater in the boot. right hand side, down below the central locking pump. its a battery pack built into a speaker.
search on here there is a thread.
I pulled mine completely. PITA!!

On a similar note... when I arm/lock my car, there's no activation sound. I'm sure there used to be...

My button is on the B pillar... :yes:

Post 1997 cars dont hoot when you arm them by default, they only flash their lights.

upto 97 they only hoot, no light flashing.

If its a post 97 you can turn on the hoot so it does both using vagcom though.

Aaaaah, ok. Mine's a post-'97 so no hoot I guess... and thinking about it, it was my A8 that hooted! Doh!

Budum... tchaaa!

Aaaaah, the old ones are the best ones...