A4 Motorhome Fun!

audinary

Complete And Utter Member
Reaction score
Spent the weekend camping in Suffolk, at the ninth international Kite Festival at Rougham Airfield. Kite flying is a hobby of mine and my girlfriends.

Anyway. We set up nicely, we have an enormous dome tent in which I can stand up and I'm 6'5". Here is it next to the car for a sense of scale.
DSC_5081.jpg

When we set up, on Friday evening, all was calm. That night, we woke at 2ish in the morning to howling wind, pelting rain and a tent which had started to behave like the kites we had come to play with. After getting intermittent sleep, we awoke to find the tent somewhat limp and feeble looking. I re-tensioned the guys, repegged, and for a while all was golden.

However, during the course of the day the wind returned, and we found our tent once more bedraggled, and worse; having a slight rip. This was not good.

With no signs of the wind subsiding, and with neither of us prepared to wake up in the night and venture out into the rain to rebuild, we decided to abandon ship. Everything was ejected out of the tent, and we decided to make home for the next 30 hours in the car.

And this is what it looked like this morning.

DSC_5212.jpg

So, a good weekend. I have aired out the car and removed most traces of the smell of frying, morning breath and Red Wine, but will doubtless keep finding souvenirs in my interior for a while.

I will finish with a few gratuitous shots I took which should have been of kites.

Untitled-1.jpg

DSC_5195.jpg

:kissmyrings:

done that myself, gibbed my tent for the boot, good thing i have a estate. supprisingly uncomfy thou

Looks like my car after my daughter gets out,,

Not going for the Feng Shui look then butty lol:laugh:

I went to a rally in Mull and there was a guy there who's mates were laughing at him as he had no tent.
he put the back seats of his A4 down, laid one duvet on the boot and seat backs and got under another one.
slept like a baby!!
think his mates were jealous after two nights of Scottish weather!

Looking good with the new rims on. :cool:

Cheers Geeman! They'll be better when they're refurbed, but fine for now. :icon_thumright:

JCB:- Damn the previous owner for not ticking the split rear seat option when she ordered the car. That's the one option i'd like that I don't have.

I took a V6 Quattro out before I bought my Sport and that had split rears and a rear sunblind. Shame you can't retro-fit the split rears...

I'm on the look-out for a rear blind though!

I took a V6 Quattro out before I bought my Sport and that had split rears and a rear sunblind. Shame you can't retro-fit the split rears...

I'm on the look-out for a rear blind though!

Yes you can, im halfway getting the bits to do it and Mark (Byzan) has laready done it to the Purple A4. Its a bit gorey as you have to cut away the back pannel but it worth it :yes:

Trouble is I'd be heartbroken to remove my original rear bench, which is in immaculate leather, and as far as I can tell unsullied by having any bottoms on it.

For now I can live without split-fold, when it comes to Ikea bookcase duty I either nick an E-Class estate from work or cram it into mums Ka biffabout.