Loose driverside door catch

planetflash

Audi A4 Quattro V6 2.8
Reaction score
Website
www.riders-retreat.co.uk
My driverside door handle is a little loose/flappy and doesn't go all the way back to where it should do. I know it's not a matter of live or death, but it is annoying me!

I've taken the trim etc off, and it looks as though the catch cable might just be a little too long, if it was shorter it would pull the handle all the way back.

There's no obvious way I can see of adjusting the cable length. Does anyone know how to do this?

Could this be caused by anything else such as a spring or something that I'm not seeing?

Have you got the cable located properly? I had the interior door release flappy for a while after replace my leccy motor turns out I hadn't located the cable in it's locaters properly and wasn't under enough tension. Just a thought mate. Not sure if its posible to adjust the cable.

Theres a return spring in the handle itself that breaks. Dont know if you can simply replace the spring though.

Aragorn was right - it was a broken spring in the handle. I fixed it by pinching a spring from the rear door handles as they're not used as much.