Leaking Windscreen

Turbo Lag FTW

Hate those none insured you know who types
Reaction score
Carlisle, Cumbria. Not Geordie nor Scotch!
Hey guys, my mother just recently had a new windscreen fitted due to damage. Seems that the windscreen was poorly fitted and my mother only found out about the problem having found pools of water in the driver and passenger footwells this morning (passenger side being the worst).
Her biggest problem is that she is on holiday down in Cornwall and obviously is 11hours away from home here in cumbria.
Getting on she`s had the car examined at Autoglass in Truro and they have called the work shambolic and some of the worst they`ve seen in years, whats more interesting is that this comment comes from the same company that fitted the windscreen, albeit a different part of the country. Now her problem lies in the fact she has to get a new windscreen and that wont be til friday due to no stock. Now because she is on holiday the car has nowhere to park under cover and its due to rain tonight luckily Ive persuaded her to use a ground cover that she has with the caravan and hopefully this will stop the majority of tonights rainfall.
So whats concerning me most is that her car has climate control and obviously this system is more complex than my cars dial controls. Should she be worried that this leakage could cause problems with the climate control or should she not worry too much? And also she was planning on returning to Carlisle on Friday evening, will this be such a good idea with having the new screen fitted early on Fri morning?

Any help/views will be much appreciatted as per usual guys :D

check the drain plug under the battery

Its actually the windscreen at fault mate, Ive had the blocked battery plug before and my moms boyfriend checked for that just incase and realised it must be the windscreen. Thats why he had the screen checked at Autoglass in Truro, who then stated it was shambolic and a terrible fitted windscreen.

I dont know if there is much of a difference between an A4 fitted with climate control compared to the old dial controls i.e wire looms and such in the footwell and dash. Thats why I would like to know if she needs to have the car checked via a auto electrician just incase things may start to go wrong.

The company that fitted it, is responsible for any fitting errors, end of. Get them to rectify it on site at the caravan, and warrenty any work likely to need doing due their ineptitude

Autoglass Carlisle are responsible for the poor workmanship but the car is getting fixed at Autoglass in Truro but wont be done til Friday morning due to having no stock of A4 windscreens, the Carlisle branch has admitted liability as its been evaluated by a fellow AG branch a shame really as I had mine done last year with AG and had no faults at all. Anyway Shes had many apologies from AG Carlisle but she is still worried about any of her electrics going wrong, like you naturally would. Silly question but is it worth her taking the car to a Dealer/Private garage for a checkup on the electrics and I understand the cost should be covered by AG Carlisle right?